How much meat a day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much meat a day

Someone asked this question on another site and I thought I'd ask it here.

How much meat do you all eat per day?

I eat 5 eggs a and about a pound of meat a day.

I haven't really kept track of the meat alone, but my daily protein intake is about 60-70g. I would say I eat about 5-10 oz of meat.

Comment

I'd say I'm similar on eggs and meat consumption to you on average, but obviously it varies.

Comment

Depends on what your goals are. Presumably primarily protein, it depends on whether the meat is lean like turkey breast or fatty like bacon or pastrami. (The local store deli only sells two lean pastramis. They suck, no fat.)

And maba, you KNOW I'm going to say that's what Fitday is for! Real data, no guessing.

Comment

I was more or less asking for how much people actually eat... not how much I should eat

Comment

I eat anywhere from 75-150 grams of protein a day, including eggs. It boggles my mind, some times.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
            Current weight: 199
            Goal: 145

Comment

I average about a pound per day, between b-fast, lunch, and dinner. And usually 3 eggs at least That's usually around 100grams of protein all together.

You are what you eat,
              and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

80-120g for me. Depends on the day and the exercise.

Comment

1/2 to 1 pound I'd say. I'm lifting pretty hard these days and nothing really hits the spot quite like a juicy fatty piece of meat.

Comment

Right now I'm having about six eggs a day, plus at least 12 to 14 ounces of meat. It's not cheap! But it's worth it.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Roughly 2 pound a day.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
                      • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
                      • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

about 1/2 - 1 pound + approx 6 eggs

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                        "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Question....

Is it "dangerous" to be consuming grain-fed animals regularly?

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

"Is it "dangerous" to be consuming grain-fed animals regularly?"

Good question, I have wondered this myself.

I found a really cool site where they have chemically analyzed virtually all foods to show the nutritional breakdowns. I am assuming it is accurate but of course who knows.

Here is 1 oz of grass fed ground beef vs 1 oz of non-grass fed ground beef (I assume it's corn but it doesn't say).

Grass fed: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/beef-products/10526/2

Corn fed: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/beef-products/6198/2

My method:

They only had one choice for the grass fed ground beef, and they had many choices for for corn fed, separated into 5% fat increments. I chose 85% lean corn fed raw ground beef for the comparison, because that matched the grass-fed sample most closely in terms of total macronutrient content.

Conclusion:

The grass fed cut was slightly leaner: 59% vs 63% of total calories from fat. But it had 20% more Omega 6 fatty acids and 108% more Omega 3 fatty acids (more than double the Omega-3s). The corn-fed cut had the edge in monounsaturated fat by 38%.

The grass-fed cut had 10% more protein. Micronutrient-wise, both cuts were the same.

There are considerations other than nutrient profile needed to answer this question, but I thought that a nutrient breakdown would be a good place to start!

Comment

Also, OTB made a good observation that it is perfectly okay for chickens to eat grains. I eat mostly chicken, (father refused to let me get steak for 8$/lb..) so I figured that the Greenwise selection I made was acceptable. My only "naughty" weakness is Boars Head deli roastbeef. Ohhh, how I missed roast beef!

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X