First Fast..... What to expect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Fast..... What to expect?

Decided to try a long fast today. I had a good breakfast, and now I'm three hours in to what I hope to be a 24hr fast. I'm stuck at school all day.

What should I expect to go through this first time?
    My primal journal!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Meat-Manifesto

Yikes. For a first fast, doing a 24 hour one is tough... and doing it breakfast to breakfast is even tougher. Keep yourself busy!

Comment

Hunger!
      Drink lots of water.

Comment

i was hungry as hell.

Comment

Next time do a fast starting from dinner to dinner, cos you get to sleep thru the first 8 hours.
          I then find if I haven't eaten breakfast I have no hunger triggers for the rest of the day.

Let us know how you go!
          Cheers
          Carlye

WWGD - What Would Grok Do?

Comment

I'm going to be the anomaly here and say-not much.

I ate at not quite noon yesterday, bacon and eggs, and didn't eat again until noon today.

I was hungry, but in the 'must be getting close to lunchtime' way, not "OMG I need to EAT and NOW and make it a large wellfed STEER please!!"

Lots of water, and it was no big deal. I didn't have a headache, no growling guts, nothing.

Will likely do it again Wednesday.
            Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

5:30pm. It's been about six hours and I'm doing fine so far. I was hungry around 3ish, but it passed. I'm in this zone now of not really thinking about food, and unless it changes I think I should coast just fine till tomorrow morning.

Question: Does anyone feel bloated when they're fasting? I'd think that it would make me feel skinny and light, but I've been having a self esteem battle with myself all day for some reason :\
                My primal journal!

Comment

11PM and still going! I'm going to sleep soon, so I'll only have a few more hours in the morning to hold out! I'm feeling better now too.
                  My primal journal!

Comment

Good for you. I've never found them that hard to be honest. I did 6 months of fasting every monday a few years ago. Drinking water when you start to feel hungry is good, actually just drinking lots helps before it even gets to that.

Comment

Hey BoyPrimal
                      How did the fast go in the end?

Comment

It went great! I made it to 24 hours, and another half an hour after that actually. Had breakfast, went to school, salad, rehearsal, home, dinner. It's been a long day, and I feel fairly worn down. I think the whole thing went pretty well though.

Must be some tie between how much food I have and how I'm feeling though. Today has been bad mood city; I'm guessing it's fallout from a day of not eating. I've been sitting here all night swimming in negative thoughts, self esteem bullshit, cyclical thinking. Gotta eat some fat.
                        My primal journal!

Comment

Well done! You just went without food for over 24 hours. Most (CW) people can't go 2 or 3 hours without a snack.
                          Be proud of yourself!

Comment

Working...
                          X