Advice for newbies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's part of "don't mess with it."
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Eat as much as you want of:

Eggs in all forms, boiled, fried, scrambled, omelet. As many as you want - every day.

Fish and shellfish, all kinds of fish. Fatty fish such as mackerel and herring are sovereign choice. Don't bread the fish. Attention! Farmed salmon has more omega 6 than omega 3, and should be avoided if possible.

Meat, lamb, venison, pork, beef, bacon, ground beef etc.. Do not trim away the fat, it is important.

Birds, chicken, turkey, duck, venison, grilled, fried in a pan, baked in an oven. Keep the skin - it's where the fat is. Go for the fattier choices such as the wings and thighs.

Offal such as liver, kidneys, hearts, lungs, brains etc.

Sauces, dressings, mayonnaise, olive oil, coconut oil. Not fat-free or low fat. Bearnaise, Hollandaise, make yourself. It is easy to make, you rarely find prepackaged that isn't full of shit we cannot have. Read the table of contents if you choose prepackaged.

Eat when you're hungry, and eat your fill!

You can also eat:

Vegetables that grow above ground. Cabbage of all kinds, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, red cabbage, asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, olives, spinach, mushrooms, cucumbers, all kinds of green salads.

Avocado and coconut fat is good and accepted.

With a little more carbs: Onions, peppers, tomatoes.

Dairy products, real butter and sour butter, all kinds of cheese. No lean or low fat cheese.

Heavy whipping cream, creme fraiche, whole milk, sugar free yogurt (natural). Always choose the fattest types.

If you have difficulty losing weight, you can limit dairy in your diet. Start to take away the leanest varieties.

Have a treat at a party!

When and if there's a party, you decide, but weight loss may stop.
      Dark chocolate: At least 70% cocoa content
      Alcohol: A dry wine, red / white, whiskey, cognac, drinks with sugar-free mixers.
      Nuts: Walnuts, Brazil nuts, almonds, etc - be careful of the nuts that are seeds and not nuts such as pistachios, peanuts etc.

Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!
      These products have a lot of carbohydrates, so cut down to your needs and wishes. If you want to improve your health, you should be careful with these items. If you also wants to lose weight, avoid most of it if not all of it.

Sugar, granulated sugar, sugar cubes, honey, syrup, jam, candy, sugary soda, cakes and biscuits. Do not forget the sugar that is "hidden" and found everywhere. Check tables of contents!

Potatoes, root vegetables, pasta, bread and cereals - it is also sugar, only in another form, including coarse and whole grain varieties.

Crisps and chips of potatoes etc.

Rice, corn, couscous etc. it's also sugar.

Margarine! It is an artificial fat and is a chemical product. It contain trans fats. Use real butter instead. Very important!

Sausages and mixed products containing starch, potato starch and sugar. Read the table of contents - there are good products on the market, but be wary.

Omega-6 rich cooking oils like corn oil, peanut oil, soybean oil and sunflower oil.

Beer, which is liquid bread!

Fruit contains only sugar and water. Dried fruit is concentrated sugar. Berries are better and can be enjoyed in moderate amounts - raspberries have the least carbohydrates.

Translated and adapted from Low Carb High Fat in 3 minutes.
      Last edited by Sungrazer; 10-01-2010, 04:30 PM.
      Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Brilliant Sungrazer! Simply Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessGrok View Post
          Brilliant Sungrazer! Simply Brilliant!
          Thanks, but I just translated and adapted it a bit from a Norwegian source. Forgot to cite it! Jeez - I am tired.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

bump
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by kennelmom View Post
              This is EXCELLENT advice!! So many people stress out over the nutrition details and forget that PB is an entire lifestyle....by creating tons of unneeded stress -> increased cortisol -> insulin -> no weight loss.
              +1 one on this! Chill out people!

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Bumptybump
                Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Okay, I totally appreciate this advice. give me more! I am finishing one month, and I have been a very very good girl. Only two slip ups, 1 cob corn 1st week and 1 piece flourless choc cake 2nd week. But I STILL have not experienced the legendary decrease in appetite, and yes I am eating plenty o fat. Additionally I have not lost more than 2 lbs. HELP!

current weight: 155 lbs, 5'5,'' no chronic cardio, I pinky swear!
                  Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

Any medical maladies, family history of medical maladies, birth control pills, etc? Do you know if you have dairy issue?
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

No maladies for me, I have family members w/ diabetes (aunt/grandfather) mother and sister have rheumatoid arthritis. I just quit the dairy this week.
                      Last edited by me2; 10-03-2010, 09:41 AM.
                      Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

Hi Griff - nice to see you around

Naiad - it's good for this old fogey to be reminded of the basics too; excellently written.

Another alternative "one sentence summary" could be, if you're outside with nothing but a pointy stick, could you get it? Pigeon - yup, yam - yeah, peanut butter? Errr.....

Comment

Me2-
                          Run a few days on fitday or chron o meter or sparkpeople and check your nutrients. Lack of nutrients can keep you hungry, 'cause the body is reaching fpr that one vitamin or mineral.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

Bump Bump

EAT FAT EAT BACON BUMP BUMP BUMP

Comment

Hip bump, shimmyshimmy, bump bump.... err....
                              BUMP!
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

From a newbie on day 2 - Thanks to both Sungrazer and Rozska! I have been looking for an actual list of acceptable foods for weeks with very little luck and you both pointed me in the right direction. As Rozska said - a list of "eat this - don't eat that" is really not the point but it sure makes things a heck of a lot easier when you don't have to guess if you're eatiing Primal or not.
                                Thanks again!
                                Last edited by Mainiaca; 10-05-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X