Advice for newbies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seasoned rice vinegar

I like to use seasoned rice vinegar to marinate tomatoes and cucumbers. Is there to much sugar in the SRV? I don't drink it just eat the tomatoes and cucumbers in it>

Comment

• Just finished reading the whole thread. So much good info here. I especially liked the post about how organic is best, but the eating plan will work with or without it.
      For some of us, totally organic is just not in the cards. Either for price or availability.
      Started eating this way on Monday and really enjoying it.
      No flu, but at 50-100 carbs average a day, I did not expect it anyway.
      Have needed to take potassium for leg cramps.
      The issue with how much water to drink was interesting. I have to force liquids for my FM. My therapist says it helps get rid of the acid buildup and inflammation in my muscles. So I drink what many of you would consider a massive amount of liquids. I also have to get up at least once during the night to empty my bladder.

Comment

• Hello Mark's Daily Apple forum! Being new here but not to forums in general, I will take a watch and learn approach to this forum site apparently related to health, especially healthy foods, a keen interest of mine. Thank you and Happy Valentines Day! Remember to try to only eat dark chocolate (according to Dr Oz, some advice of whose I follow, much I don't especially the commercially backed advice).
        Last edited by CurbPaintingcom; 02-14-2015, 10:43 AM. Reason: respelled commercialized to commercially

Comment

• So I started off Just with lunch instead of my subway sandwich I started with the big salad w/ meat (what ever I had left over from dinner) 2 to 3 pieces of fruit or veggies to munch on thru the day and raw almonds (too many at first) I lost 15lbs over a 4 month time frame. I moved to breakfast omelets everyday instead cereal and dinner was easy after that. No big withdrawals after the first few weeks of lunch. I miss my sweets but I love the way i feel so so long sweets for now. My only issue is I am still losing weight and I eat until i am full. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Any suggestions on will the weight plain out.

So I started off Just with lunch instead of my subway sandwich I started with the big salad w/ meat (what ever I had left over from dinner) 2 to 3 pieces of fruit or veggies to munch on thru the day and raw almonds (too many at first) I lost 15lbs over a 4 month time frame. I moved to breakfast omelets everyday instead cereal and dinner was easy after that. No big withdrawals after the first few weeks of lunch. I miss my sweets but I love the way i feel so so long sweets for now. My only issue is I am still losing weight and I eat until i am full. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Hi just starting out on the Primal blueprint (Halfway through the book, day 3 of trying to eat Primal). Point 7 makes a lot of sense to me, but for one thing. If I'm at work and lunch time comes around at 12.30 and I'm not hungry, I can't just decide to not eat then and then saunter of for my lunch at say 3pm because I'm suddenly hungry then! It wouldn't be allowed. At the moment though I do get hungry at certain times of the day when I'm used to eating, when I'm at work. Maybe this will change as I get further into the plan. When I'm not working its a different story. I'd always try to have breakfast if I was going to work out that morning. I might not eat then until the late evening, but I would be ravenous by that stage anyway.

Comment

• I will keep these advice in mind. Seems to be really hard and interesting at the same time.

Comment

• I am new, two weeks in. I have the book and have been on the site but still can not locate a comprehensive list of what to eat. Is bacon ok, what kind of cheese is ok? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

Comment

• New and need help

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                    I am new, two weeks in. I have the book and have been on the site but still can not locate a comprehensive list of what to eat. Is bacon ok, what kind of cheese is ok? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,
                    anyone????

Comment

• Advice for newbies

I am new, two weeks in. I have the book and have been on the site but still can not locate a comprehensive list of what to eat. Is bacon ok, what kind of cheese is ok? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,
                      anyone????
                      Bacon - some if you want ( preferably free-range )

Cheese - BLOCK cheese, preferably aged/vintage eg cedar - don't buy shredded - if you want shredded then buy a cheese grater and shred from block.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/welco...s-daily-apple/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-paleo-recipes/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...l-eating-plan/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prima...shopping-list/

Comment

• When trying an 80-100 grams of carbs a day are 175 protein and 150-160 grams of fat ok for a male, 175 lbs and 5'11 to lose about 15-20 lbs If I lift weights 4-5 times/week and do about 1-1:30h of Liss/week.
                        Sorry if this is not the correct thread .

Comment

• hey i'm new here just saying whats up

Comment

• check out this awesome site about paleo though

Comment

• Am glad I found this forum. Exactly what I was looking for!

Dwayne.

Comment

• Thanks for this post... I have bad cholesterol and I have to take simvastatine hier in Holland... I have started eating more fat and I dont know if i am doing something bad for myself... Do you have aan advice for me?

Comment

Working...
                                X