No announcement yet.

Advice for newbies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar's sugar. However, coconut sugar at least has some redeeming values. I use honey or vanilla extract on the rar occasion I need a sweetener.
    As to his coffee: Call it his 20% and he's primal. If he's anything like a lot of folks on here, that 1.5 tsp will start shrinking as his tastes change. He doesn't absolutely have to give it up, but tell him it does count as an indulgence and part of his 20%.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• A+ thread, should be a sticky ... would save new folks some time and we wouldn't see the same threads over and over (not that I mind, but I think we had 4 threads on the same topic in the span of a few days)
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• I sent Mark an email nominating this thread as a sticky, but nothing happened.
        Maybe it kinda fell off the radar or something? He did reply to say he was thinking about it---maybe if a couple more people contacted him?

Comment

• I e-mailed him asking for a sticky myself and didn't get a response.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thanks for your fast response .

All PB facts taken in, sorry for repetative questions ,just trying to get it right.

Many many thanks Shelly

Comment

• Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
              I sent Mark an email nominating this thread as a sticky, but nothing happened.
              Maybe it kinda fell off the radar or something? He did reply to say he was thinking about it---maybe if a couple more people contacted him?
              I would assume he'd have one person on his staff in charge of checking the forums..
              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                A+ thread, should be a sticky ... would save new folks some time and we wouldn't see the same threads over and over (not that I mind, but I think we had 4 threads on the same topic in the span of a few days)
                Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                I sent Mark an email nominating this thread as a sticky, but nothing happened.
                Does anyone know who the moderator(s) is/are here? Might be better to contact him/her/them.

Comment

• bump for the new folks
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Bumping again (as it's at the bottom of the page now!)
                    La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

• OMG! Thanks so much for clinging to this thread. Without it being bumped, it might have been a week before I stumbled across it. Now I have something to go on. I just discovered the Primal way yesterday and I'm all questions. Do I have to buy a book? Absolutely should be a sticky. I'll PM the mod, too.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Thanks naiadknight, very helpful for this newbie!

Comment

• Thank you so much. As an American I am a part of the bigger better faster more society, where one expects to walk before crawling. It is so important, especially for people who are only 10-20 lbs overweight to remember that it takes time. I give it a year.
                          Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

• this is such a good thread for newbies

and you senior guys must get sick of answering the same questions LOL

Comment

• Bumpty bump, do the bump
                              Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

• Originally posted by amberlee View Post
                                and you senior guys must get sick of answering the same questions LOL
                                Not at all, it just further solidifies the knowledge in our brains.
                                Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Working...
                                X