Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

I have strayed...fallen way off the primal course...help! This week included spaghetti, pizza, spelt salad, breadsticks, some foccacia bread thing, more bread, beans and a dessert! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have to get back on track. the fridge is full of veggies and protiens...along with dairy, which I would like to stop for a bit..once you open the floodgates, it is hard to close them again.

You are a BAD BOY [or GIRL] SHAME ON YOU !

You should be ASHAMED of yourself!

Now you must go stand in the corner and look at the wall for 5 hours, OR ELSE !

You are also GROUNDED for 1 month! I take away your car keys !

NO SOUP FOR YOU !
    =======================

Best of health to all,
    Grizz

Comment

'Tis true. For me, a carb binge makes me crazy for carbs. I just don't get hungry. I feel a strong, strong compulsion to lay into all those nasty high carb foods that I've now given up.

The only thing that I can think to say is that you'll just have to ride it out. Perhaps primal-type vegetables like yams can help. For me, it takes at least a day to get over the compulsion and back to normal.

I hate when I feel like food is in charge of me. I hate to feel like I have to eat. One of the best features of a primal(ish) diet is that I find it quite easy to eat what I want when I want. If I go out to eat with the wife and kids and nothing appeals to me on the menu, I just don't eat; and the only consequence is that I feel a bit hungry. But the hunger is easily ignored, and unlike the hunger I felt when I binged on carbs, it is not accompanied by a drop in energy.

Comment

Grizz, thank you for a big laugh! So funny, yes, Iknow know..self punishment is useless and i just need to own this and move on..argh.

I did make a big batch of beef bone stock this weekend. maybe tomorrow will be that and celery and eggs.

Comment

My sympathies. When I dare eat carbs, they own me. Period.

I suggest trying to get your blood sugar control back with the help of Chromium GTF and/or inositol. Some find Alpha Lipoic Acid helpful.

If those do not work and the stumble leads to carb-fests that you cannot resist with all your might, you may need to resort temporarily to bigger guns (and a doctor's visit) such as Metformin/glucophage.

Comment

Mind over matter. I can do it. next week - no grains, period.
            1 fruit per day, greek yogurt, and nuts are my only treats.

Comment

I find if I eat any thing with actual sugar in it, it takes about 10 days to get it out my head.

Comment

Metformin/glucophage ? Going off to Google this now...
                I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Comment

I messed up and ate a LOT of pizza last week with friends. I am just now getting back on track. It too me down a bad path for 7 days, caused 6 pounds weight gain, etc. It's amazing how carbs can mess me up.

Comment

@Canarygirl

Metformin is a prescription drug that helps control blood sugar. People with diabetes, prediabetes, hyperinsulinemia or other blood glucose problem who struggle to fight huge carb-induced hunger while they transition to a primal-style diet could find the battle easier with this drug. It's not for someone with normal blood glucose and insulin response. For typical folk, willpower and supplements will likely suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                      I messed up and ate a LOT of pizza last week with friends. I am just now getting back on track. It too me down a bad path for 7 days, caused 6 pounds weight gain, etc. It's amazing how carbs can mess me up.
                      Viking,

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA ! Mmmmm Mmmmmm Mmmmm.
                      From Pizzeria Uno in downtown Chicago, world famous.

Now THAT pizza is worth cheating for a day !

Grizz

Comment

As someone who cut out ALL grains overnight and hasn't missed them (and not been tempted to eat them since) I don't understand why people crave them so much. I honestly don't give a damn if I never see another grain again in my life. Ever! Same goes for potatoes and anything containing sucrose. Just doesn't interest me.

My mother has toast every morning, the smell doesn't make me crave it. I don't crave cakes (I have tested this by opening the cake tin in the dining room every day since quitting, and I can breathe it in and that's that. I do not go and get a knife and cut myself a slice.) biscuits, sweets, milk chocolate or any other sugary, carby, confection. I don't eat crisps (and Dad has Pringles in the house all the time). I don't know how I can be like this, but I am. Once I'd decided that was that - it was that.

Not much help I know, but I have the feeling I'm not normal (no, don't you DARE say anything!). I think I knew that they aggravated my PCOS symptoms, in the same way that soy does, and so I didn't want to have anything to do with them ever again.
                        La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                          Viking,

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA ! Mmmmm Mmmmmm Mmmmm.
                          From Pizzeria Uno in downtown Chicago, world famous.

Now THAT pizza is worth cheating for a day !

Grizz

No it's not! It looks GROSS!! EWWWW!!!!! Makes me wanna barf just looking at it!
                          La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Okay, if you get stuck on the carb bandwagon and it just keeps rolling along, here's something to try ... starting about 2 in the afternoon, stop eating. Just past your normal dinner time (early evening), get some vigorous exercise. Then at bedtime (you should be a little bit hungry and a little bit tired) have 1/2 teaspoonful of powdered l-glutamine in water, and one capsule of l-acetyl-carnitine. Try to sleep ...

And when you get up, on an empty stomach have the same supplements over again, wait 1/2 hour, then have a carb-free good breakfast, something like bacon and eggs, with a little coffee.

Good luck.

Comment

PDL,
                              Thank you for the, "Re-Set Button".
                              Ya never know when ya might need it

Comment

Working...
                              X