Fail?! Tesco chicken...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail?! Tesco chicken...

Hi. Today I had to go to London (delivering pictures to an art exhibition) and the traffic was awful. Eventually, about 3.00 p.m., I was starving. In the "old days"I'd have had a sandwich, or a pizza, or chocolate.... but now - what? I happened to drive past a Tesco and rushed in - bag of chicken portions from the hot deli counter, 1.05. Ate them in the car and felt much better - then began to think about the way the chicken had been reared, omega 3 / 6 balance, the oil used to cook it - and when I got home, promptly took a fish oil capsule.

Question - is one fish oil capsule enough to offset the poor omega 3 / 6 ratio I'm sure I've just eaten??!!

But it must be better than grains and some synthetic spread instead of butter - yes?

But it must be better than grains and some synthetic spread instead of butter - yes?
    Yes!
    My primal journal
    You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
    In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

Was the chicken breaded and fried? If not, I would NOT consider that a fail. I would consider that a tiny compromise. If it was breaded, still not the end of the world.

I don't think you have to stress about getting the nutrient ratios perfect in every meal.....just over the course of a week or two things should generally balance out. Eat some salmon this week and be happy you chose the best available option you had !!
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

To be more accurate and to really nip this problem in the bud you really need to calculate all the food you've eaten, say over the last week and find out the exact mg's for each then compensate with omega 3 fish oil ASAP.........you have to make sure the source of your information is 100% correct, otherwise you could bleed to death.....just kidding. Please don't take my post seriously, it's just that I've read so many posts like this lately, I felt compelled. I'm sure you'll be ok.
        Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

+1 to Chefgerry.

If it's an occasional thing, the worry is hurting you more than the food. If it's a frequent thing, antidotes aren't the answer, a better diet is.

Comment

I usually grab some chicken and chilled corned beef if I have to eat out quickly. Fold the CB in half and it just looks like rye bread.

Comment

I like what Avocado said. Also like the idea of a chicken + corned beef "sandwich" with spicy mustard and a pickle.
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Oh I don't eat it like a sarnie, that would be uber-pro Just folded over so as not to attract much attention

Comment

I'm always dubious of chicken from supermarkets.
                  What do they baste the roast chicken in to keep it so moist?

Comment

Originally posted by standingbymself View Post
                    It wan't just moist, thinking about it - it was wet!!! But tasted good. And - I'm beginning to feel better about it after the posts above. I eat oily fish most days - and I never worried about things like this before realising how important they are!!!!

Comment

Meat wrapped in meat sarnies FTW.

I'm sure I'll regret this, but what is/was so important? You were hungry and you ate. It doesn't even sound like a 20% meal to me. I stopped eating the Sam's Club rotisserie chicken because the main ingredient in the "seasoning" is wheat flour, but I'd still eat it in a pinch, considering I never eat chicken skin anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by standingbymself View Post
                        I've heard before that some places use a sugar/saline solution.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
                          I've heard before that some places use a sugar/saline solution.
                          Thankfully for us, sometimes it's BUTTER!!!
                          La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Originally posted by breadsauce View Post
                            then began to think about the way the chicken had been reared, omega 3 / 6 balance, the oil used to cook it - and when I got home, promptly took a fish oil capsule.
                            Sounds like obsession. Like everyone else here.
                            .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                            ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                              Sounds like obsession. Like everyone else here.
                              Sometimes I get depressed reading these forums. Carbonated mineral water, microwaves, cheese, 100% pure dark chocolate... the list goes on and on.. it's like everything has to be demonized.

Guess what folks, I eat cheese... I microwave my leftovers... and I love putting lime in mineral water.

Also, I'm healthy as a horse.

I think cheese can be healthy if you are not lactose intolerant, I think microwaves save me money and stress by making my meals easier to prepare, and I love dark chocolate because its awesome.

Uh... sorry for the outburst.

edit: *sigh* sorry for being rude, it's just frustrating watching stuff just get stricter and more rigid here. I feel like by this time next year my diet will have to be 100% eggs and fish oil capsules to be "healthy".
                              Last edited by Rivvin; 09-26-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X