No announcement yet.

Here's what a real nutritionist eats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's also stated in the Why Women Need Fat book, showing that the slightly overweight women are the healthiest/longest living group in the end. They connect it with the better resistance to the infection. Something that the folk saying expressed as 'The fat one shrunk, the thin one died.'

Evolutionary, it is advantageous to be plump and have a modicum of muscular mass, so that's why with unrestricted amount of food an average female trend towards Rubens rather than Barbie.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
      That's also stated in the Why Women Need Fat book, showing that the slightly overweight women are the healthiest/longest living group in the end. They connect it with the better resistance to the infection. Something that the folk saying expressed as 'The fat one shrunk, the thin one died.'

Evolutionary, it is advantageous to be plump and have a modicum of muscular mass, so that's why with unrestricted amount of food an average female trend towards Rubens rather than Barbie.
      I believe it's an outrageous attempt to make people believe being overweight is OK, similar to CW saying you need to eat grains to be healthy. Far as I'm concerned, lean and muscular was and will always be the preference because it shows discipline and many other attractive traits for men. As for women, enough muscle to give them shape but not significant definition is the preference.

Notice I say preference. This doesn't mean everyone favors it, but most prefer someone who takes the liberty to maintain themselves. Promoting the opposite, which is an overweight individual, means your promoting the overweight, who are overweight not by genetics but laziness and from an evolutionary perspective, should not chosen as a mate because they are not "strong", smart, attractive, they were just lucky enough to live in a period where anyone can be fat. There is no excuse for not taking care of the only body you have.

Forgive my little rant, felt it had to be said.
      Last edited by Loneketo; 11-09-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneketo View Post
        who are overweight not by genetics but laziness

Forgive my little rant, felt it had to be said.
        Your rant is definitely forgiven, but I couldn't excuse the laziness part.

It is not necessarily laziness. I had spent many years doing the low-fat, low-cal thing, going to aerobics classes, doing everything 'right'. Only to still be fat. I just didn't have the right information: that for me, jacking my insulin levels around with all those carbs was NEVER going to let me lose weight. Now that I know better, I am doing better, and effort versus laziness has nothing to do with it.

And that completely disregards the emotional side of eating. Whole 'nother topic, but also, separate from laziness. It is not lazy to comfort yourself in the only way you know/have been trained to. Sometimes it is the only thing that keep you alive. And survival is never lazy.

Thus ends my own little rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          Your rant is definitely forgiven, but I couldn't excuse the laziness part.

It is not necessarily laziness. I had spent many years doing the low-fat, low-cal thing, going to aerobics classes, doing everything 'right'. Only to still be fat. I just didn't have the right information: that for me, jacking my insulin levels around with all those carbs was NEVER going to let me lose weight. Now that I know better, I am doing better, and effort versus laziness has nothing to do with it.

And that completely disregards the emotional side of eating. Whole 'nother topic, but also, separate from laziness. It is not lazy to comfort yourself in the only way you know/have been trained to. Sometimes it is the only thing that keep you alive. And survival is never lazy

Thus ends my own little rant.
          Your right, too many people are misinformed(like many of us at one time), but I think the clue should have gotten out that something 's up with the CW advice. But since you are literally brainwashed otherwise it's hard to take notice.

Comment

You're right, we are brainwashed. Enough so, that we think something is wrong with US, instead of the advice we're given. Glad I finally wised up. It does make me wonder, though, what other things am I taking on faith, that I should question.

Comment

I feel really bad for her! Although, yes, I previously would have thought this was completely healthy and I ate in a similar fashion. Now, I could/would never eat a day like that again! Mind you, I like ground turkey, but would probably cook it in a bit of lard nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                You're right, we are brainwashed. Enough so, that we think something is wrong with US, instead of the advice we're given. Glad I finally wised up. It does make me wonder, though, what other things am I taking on faith, that I should question.
                I wonder the same thing Sabine.

Comment

My four grandparents, all are dead:

Fat one, 83, stroke (grandma)
                  Athlete, 66, ALS (grandpa)
                  Thinnest, 63, natural causes (grandma)
                  Thin and brainiest, 59, cancer (grandpa)
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                  X