No announcement yet.

Here's what a real nutritionist eats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounded like starvation rations to me. Here's what I ate yesterday.

B: Cold steak and a hot white potato.

L: Greek salad with a can of sockeye salmon, oil and vinegar.

Snack: Almonds and a sweet potato. I also had a couple of walnuts.

D: 2 Eggs, a can of oysters and some veggies.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I'm with Daydreamer on the problem of low fat. And if you've ever read Weston Price info on skim milk you know how it's processed and the heat-oxidized crap that's added back into into it to thicken it up a bit.

Comment

I agree with Daydreamer on the hormonal issues, plus the fat levels overall are worrying (fat soluble vitamins need...fat!).

Also, how on earth is that enough food for an average active adult woman?

My food yesterday:

2 cups coffee with butter
        protein shake with whey, coconut milk, banana, and cocoa powder

beef, tomato, and eggplant curry (made with ghee, no beef fat drained)
        apple

avocado oil potato chips (about 70g)

Ghanian chicken and spinach stew
        hard cider

And that's a light eating day for me.

Another day from my journal:

protein shake (same as above)
        black coffee

3 chicken drumsticks (Peruvian lime garlic)
        coffee with half and half
        big bowl of spinach with Italian dressing

big bowl of strawberries and pineapple (maybe a cup of each?)

2 burger patties (1/4 pound each) with onions, bacon, and rhubarb chipotle ketchup
        panfried potatoes (cooked in lard)

bacon-wrapped, feta-stuffed dates

And I should make it clear that I am still losing fat on that intake. I'm pretty sure that's more calories than the nutritionist by a fair bit and is far, far more satisfying and nutritious.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I think the dietitian is "constantly thinking of my next meal" because she is so damn hungry. I was hungry all the time too when I ate higher carbs and low fat. Now I generally eat high fat, low carb and I am never hungry. One day a week I eat high carb. For instance, I just ruined my chance of eating dinner because I came in from work and snacked on a coconut flour pumpkin muffin as I had not eaten since breakfast. I now feel too full to eat dinner. Previously, I would have eaten more than one muffin and dinner. Primal is fabulous. Low fat just kept me fat and hungry, so sad.
          Last edited by Primal123; 11-09-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
            It sounded like starvation rations to me. Here's what I ate yesterday.

B: Cold steak and a hot white potato.

L: Greek salad with a can of sockeye salmon, oil and vinegar.

Snack: Almonds and a sweet potato. I also had a couple of walnuts.

D: 2 Eggs, a can of oysters and some veggies.
            Dayum, that looks fantastic.
            http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
              Love this from her
              thoughts: Took another rest day. I don't know why I'm so tired this week. Feel blah, sore throat, and just so sleepy. I took a nap today instead of working out.

You think it could be all the crap she is eating....it is bad by stand standards.
              Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
              PS
              Don't forget to play!

Comment

I would so much rather eat like this (and be strong and well too):

B: Streaky bacon, free range eggs scrambled with broccoli and roasted pumpkin.
                L: Homemade carraway leek soup (made with lamb broth, grated swede and roasted pumpkin).
                S: Dark chocolate sante bar, few grapes
                D: Slowcooker beef satay (onions/carrots/ginger/chilli/garlic/peanut butter), buttered cauliflower. Stewed apple, peaches and cream.
                Annie Ups the Ante
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Originally posted by bob loblaw View Post
                  Her diet is fine. I wouldn't eat that way, but I imagine it's better than 95% of the population and probably better than a lot of a lot of us primal folk, who cram themselves full of bacon and call it healthy. (I love bacon, but I eat it for enjoyment, not under the pretense it's good for me, it's at best neutral.)

Seriously, go back and read the responses in this thread. We sound like a bunch of Vegans talking about primal eaters. This lady has a very decent diet. It's NOT one I would enjoy, but it's fine. She'll probably live a long, healthy life is she keeps it up. Me, I couldn't, but if it works for her, keep doing it. I'm certainly not going to mock her for eating that way.
                  Seriously. The way people are talking it's as though she's living on poptarts and jam sandwiches. Her lunch and dinner sounds like something I eat regularly.

Pork salad with dressing is a bad lunch?
                  Meat, veges and rice is a bad dinner?
                  Fruit, yogurt and icecream for dessert isn't terribly bad either.

As for her breakfast, I'm not sure what Fibre One is but I'm sure a bowl the stuff mixed with blueberries is more nutritious than a bulletproof coffee.
                  Her meals might look rather bland but there's nothing wrong with that. I'm an extremely straight forward eater myself, most of my meals consist of a starch, meat, vegetable and some salt. I still look forward to it and don't tire of the repetition.
                  Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 11-09-2012, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                    Love this from her
                    thoughts: Took another rest day. I don't know why I'm so tired this week. Feel blah, sore throat, and just so sleepy. I took a nap today instead of working out.

You think it could be all the crap she is eating....it is bad by stand standards.
                    I shouldn't but I laughed at the picture she puts in signature.

sbhikes, I want to eat your salad for lunch.

And Owly,
                    "2 burger patties (1/4 pound each) with onions, bacon, and rhubarb chipotle ketchup
                    panfried potatoes (cooked in lard)"
                    This sounds fantastic
                    Last edited by Daydreamer; 11-09-2012, 01:45 AM.
                    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
                    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

This is the menu that got me:

Breakfast--Strawberry Fruit and Grain bar
                      Snack--Pepsi while running errands
                      Lunch--beef stew, 9 grain bread with light margarine, tea
                      Snack--Pepsi while taking DS to get enrolled in his next round of tech classes
                      Dinner--Homemade burgers (whole wheat buns, 93% lean ground beef, fat free mayo, fat free cheese) and fries (baked)

It truly strikes me as bad.

But this first one is merely inadequate - sounds like a "diet" not a way of eating for life:

Breakfast:
                      Fiber One cereal with skim milk
                      Fresh blueberries

Lunch:
                      2 slices of pork tenderloin, seasoned with pepper and mustard
                      Salad with vinaigrette
                      Water to drink

An occasional diet soda or juice is fine since it helps when you crave sweets.

Dinner:
                      Steamed white rice
                      Vegetable stir-fry with ground turkey
                      Water
                      Last edited by Annieh; 11-09-2012, 01:54 AM.
                      Annie Ups the Ante
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Fat free cheese.

Don't want to see the ingredients in this one.
                        Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
                        (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

My issue with the nutritionist is more about the amount of food. Is she eating 4 ounces of pork and turkey? I guess that would have been helpful to know. I eat similar foods but am eating 8-10 ounces of lean protein.

My thought on hers was that if she is eating CW portion sizes, bet that is under 800 calories a day of real food.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                            My issue with the nutritionist is more about the amount of food. Is she eating 4 ounces of pork and turkey? I guess that would have been helpful to know. I eat similar foods but am eating 8-10 ounces of lean protein.

My thought on hers was that if she is eating CW portion sizes, bet that is under 800 calories a day of real food.
                            She said she snacked on cookies and stuff. Probably makes up for the calories.

Comment

Her sugar intake is high, one would THINK that a nutritionist would know that isn't a good choice. Then again, the sports nutritionist I visited last year was of the opinion that it didn't really matter what the calories consist of, that the total calorie intake was the most important. I assume this is what they are being taught, or were taught when they were still in school...

Ground turkey tastes the same as ground beef? She must have missing taste-buds or something...

Comment

She said she snacked on cookies and stuff. Probably makes up for the calories.
                                Yup and that is why you have scads of fat women running around hungry, slowly ruining their metabolisms. It amazes me that people eat sugary snacks, justify it by calling it a "grain" and then FREAK OUT if you eat a large portion of meat.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Working...
                                X