No announcement yet.

Bacon Question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick Ranch has an Applewood Uncured and Nitrate free bacon, also. I can get that one at the local supermarket. The clsoest Whole Foods is more than an hour away from me.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Comment

I've read really mixed things about nitrates and the effect on our health. Not sure the amount we eat really is "bad" for you - especially when we get naturally occurring nitrates in food. The moderation comment seems appropriate here. Enjoy that bacon!

Comment

AT22, that's realistic.

If one can get nitrate/sugar free bacon and it's in the budget, by all means. But if not, and infrequent, there are far bigger health issues to be concerned about.

Comment

thank you so much for all your wonderful input

I am enjoying my bacon! xoox Darlene

Comment

Great, PG! I treated myself to real bacon this AM instead of turkey type. Yum.

Comment

so, just so I'm clear. You can find uncured (cured with celery juice) that's healthier than the regular cured bacon. What about bacon without sugar? I've found uncured but I've looked everywhere (whole foods, trader joes, etc) and can't find any without sugar. I know you're saying the amount of sugar is nominal...but that's my challenge is not eating sugar and I want to make sure that I don't eat anything other than fruit (i know, i know)...

Comment

Working...
              X