Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why you fail. [link]

I thought this was a rather good post to share over here:

8 ways to tell if someone is going to fall off the Paleo bandwagon big time...
    sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Exactly.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

I completely disagree with the "Candy Cigarettes" point. I love making paleo/primal desserts because they are creative, tasty, impressive, and prevent me from having temptations to eat other less healthy alternatives.

You'll have take my almond meal / coconut flour creations from my cold, dead hands.

Comment

ooh I may be guilty of #6... "Sure, Chinese food isn't THAT bad..."

Comment

Rivvin-
          I think it's referring more to using it as a crutch for bread and a very carb centric diet. If it's referring to my occasional chocochip almond cookies or my rare Valentino brownies, it can suck the **** I don't have. [For the utterly clueless or sensitive, pretend that said eggs.]
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

Overall, it is a pretty good article, though.
            Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
            Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
            Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

that's awesome. I am trying to lose weight, but definitely don't fall into the no fat category. I love bacon with every salad!!!

Comment

She-Ra!!! My alter-ego!! Yay!!

But yes...I have been guilty of many of those, but I keep hopping back on the wagon.

Comment

I agree completely, Batty!

Another way you can tell someone's going to crap out is when you hear, "This just isn't working for me at all...." and they can't even tell you what the f**k they've been eating. (Or haven't looked at the book. Or PB101.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                    I completely disagree with the "Candy Cigarettes" point. I love making paleo/primal desserts because they are creative, tasty, impressive, and prevent me from having temptations to eat other less healthy alternatives.

You'll have take my almond meal / coconut flour creations from my cold, dead hands.
                    funny, i was going to make a comment about that point, then didn't. i totally agree with you - and if it keeps someone from ingesting nasty-ass CW food, then so be it!
                    sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

LOL naiad... I agree.

The rare pumpkin muffin or banana coconut flour pancakes aren't a problem if you don't overdo.
                      sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

yeah i'll usually take my banana pancakes to work a coupla days a week, just for conveniences sake...
                        Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                        **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

Originally posted by batty View Post
                          funny, i was going to make a comment about that point, then didn't. i totally agree with you - and if it keeps someone from ingesting nasty-ass CW food, then so be it!
                          +1.

I just baked a batch of butternut squash coconut flour muffins yesterday with pumpkin pie spices, and stevia for the sweetner. No Funk, and really tasty. When the bulk of the ingredients are eggs, and coconut flour with coconut oil, hardly a primal imposter...... and its YUMMY with Whipped Heaven on top!

Comment

And if you have children making the 'baked' goods is almost a necessity. Yes, I can tell my kids that they can never have another cookie, but realistically I want them to learn to eat foods that are primal, but also learn that treats are okay. So I make cookies with almond meal, I make crackers, I make macaroons. Not often, but enough for them to feel the 'mommy made me cookies, she loves me' vibe.
                            Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

I am still fairly new at this and last week had a crisis that ended with me eating a bowl of ice cream, then going out just so I could buy a big bag of Twizzlers - which I promptly finished off in minutes! Overemphasis on weight loss had been frustrating me, as my weight has been hovering lately and I still have a ways to go. So when the sh*t hit the fan last week, I said, screw it! If I am not losing weight anyway I might as well just have some of the old favorites! Thankfully, I only fell off the bandwagon for one evening. Then somehow my regular weight loss of 2-3 pounds restared this week without changing anything from before the binge - go figure.

I will tell you that I agree with #3 "candy cigarettes" entirely. I think the author wrote it for someone like me. The few times I made primal versions of unhealthy foods, I had difficulty resisting binging (when it didn't turn out so poorly that it was inedible anyway!). For all you people who can enjoy that stuff without overeating, consider yourselves lucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X