Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any former raw vegans out there? I have some questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just read the FAQ - and fuck what they say - this is a pro-ana site by another name. Or may as well be...
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

To Ms Violet, it appears to me to be a pretty pro-ana site in that the people look mostly anorexic. But, since they are actually EATING it makes it okay?

Anne, I at durian once. I bought it frozen at the Asian market. It was rather nasty. I have heard that it is better fresh. The actual taste was not horrible, but I couldn't get past the smell!
      Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Originally posted by Primallady View Post
        I feel guilty posting this and hope it does add fuel to the fire (like attracting them on here again)
        http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/t...d-after-photos
        That's actually a pretty good point. I was just curious. I have a roommate who is vegetarian, but does eat some fish, who is trying to shed some pounds after seeing how much success I had going primal. I'm really worried about his diet though because he's dropped calories so much I don't think he's getting near enough protein.
        Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
          To Ms Violet, it appears to me to be a pretty pro-ana site in that the people look mostly anorexic. But, since they are actually EATING it makes it okay?

Anne, I at durian once. I bought it frozen at the Asian market. It was rather nasty. I have heard that it is better fresh. The actual taste was not horrible, but I couldn't get past the smell!

Yebbut, Meg, it's WHAT they're eating. I knew a lovely lady many years ago. She was a very strict fruitarian/rawist. It killed her. It's no better than AN in my book, and should be classed as an ED.

I've had durian too (out of curiosity; found one on an Asian fruit stall) The smell is akin to sweaty trainers, it has to be said, but the flesh (when eaten at the peak of ripeness) is said to taste like strawberry ice cream (not that mine did!)

I use my name here, by the way, Meg - so others may use it too. Please could you do so...? Makes me feel more human. Yes, I know I'm odd!

Sarah
          La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Sure, Sarah, I wasn't sure if you were one of those anonymous types or not. Of course had I not been so lazy I could have scrolled up to see if you had put your name in a previous post

I totally agree that the VLFRV seems to be disordered. I don't think I could do that to myself.
            Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Strawberry Ice Cream? Ooooo! Since the dairy kind wouldn't be PB maybe a durian would be worth a try! Shrinking_Violet what happened to your frutarian friend exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                I'm shocked the D urian hasn't showed back up again already. It's a matter of time I bet.
                Have you ever seen or eaten this fruit? I lived in Singapore for a couple of years and all the locals adore them. They finally talked me into trying it and OMG does it stink. The fruit has big spikes and its illegal to take them on the mass transit there. All in all, it seems like a very appropriate user name.

Comment

Good lord...that sounds purely awful.

Comment

Durian is one of those things that says "DO NOT EAT ME." in almost every possible way (spikes, smell, effort required to crack open and eat, texture, etc.)
                    Another fallacy of hygienist fruitarian thinking states that onions and garlic are not food, and yet a durian is? At least garlic doesn't have spikes! I'm sure they are banned from airplanes because, should they pop out of a compartment during turbulence, someones face might rip off.
                    I'd take sitting next to a person with garlic farts on an airplane over having my face ripped off by a demon fruit any day.
                    As long as my fellow passenger isn't Wilford Brimley. Man looks like he can fart.

Comment

Originally posted by AnneArchy View Post
                      Has anyone here actually ever eaten a durian? Based upon what I've heard I don't think I could stomach it.
                      Yes, when I did instincto , I ordered fresh durian from Genefit nutrition- I love it- and it's even better frozen blended with vanilla powder as ice cream.
                      It's very primordial and it is an aphrodisiac ( had that affect on me) as crazy as that sounds. I got sick of it though and cannot stand the smell.

Comment

Durian is delish (fresh, high quality). It's one of those things that is kinda nasty at first, but then you can't get it off your mind and want to go back for more, like kombucha or that soggy ethopian bread. It's pretty fatty too. I hear the reason that's it's banned is because of the smell. Many tropical fruits are spiky. Anyone ever try to get into a ripe coconut straight off the tree? A challenge to say the least.
                        Adding minerals wherever I can.

Comment

No, we just used to find them on the ground already.

Comment

durian's good stuff. haven't had it in years, but it's still tasty.

I did time as a raw vegan. They let me out for bad behavior.

...and I vote to lump them in the Pro-Ana camp fo' shizzle.

...as for raw "leaders"/con men, following their own advice?.... 'nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                            X