No announcement yet.

Revealing experience with Omega 6, animal fats and inflammation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So poultry is high in Omega 6s? Is it bad of me to continue eating it, assuming I am also supplementing with Omega-3 supplements?

Comment

HI Christina - I don't think it's a problem for your average PBer in context of a well balanced primal diet including oily fish. I'm a special case The only real way to tell is to get your omega 3:6 ratio tested. If you're 1:4 or better, you're fine.
      My primal journal
      You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
      In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

Originally posted by racingsnake View Post
        HI Christina - I don't think it's a problem for your average PBer in context of a well balanced primal diet including oily fish. I'm a special case The only real way to tell is to get your omega 3:6 ratio tested. If you're 1:4 or better, you're fine.
        Thank you! I actually don't eat a lot of oily fish (not a fish person, though I am going to start experimenting more). Hopefully for now supplementing will be good enough. But it would be good to get my ratios tested at some point. Glad you have found a WOE that works well for you

Comment

Working...
        X