No announcement yet.

Non-organic eggs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory farmed eggs just taste like crap, and they look pale and lame when you scramble them and put them on a plate, with no brilliant steaks of delicious orange. My mouth alone tells me it's worth it. Last time I ran out of eggs and couldn't meet up with my egg guy for a while it made me sad.

Anyway, thought I'd post this link since there seems to be some confusion about what the various labels mean:

http://www.fitnessspotlight.com/2009/07/06/truth-isfree-range-eggs-healthier-store-bought-eggs/

Hormone-free also doesn't mean anything, as it's been illegal to give poultry hormones for a long time. It's like buying a car where someone hasn't taken a dump in the glove box.

Comment

You know, it's just not fair, even people who CHOOSE to eat healthfully, the damn government and food industries make even the healthy food...unhealthy. It's like some really messed up conspiracy...Do all countries encounter this problem, or is it only good old USA?

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Nick, yeah, I feel those idiotic labels are added just to mislead people. I got frozen spinach from TJs and the label said "Preservative-free". I misread that as "Pesticide-free" and bought a bunch of them. When I came home and read the label properly, I felt like a fool. When did frozen vegetables come with preservatives?? Totally agree w/ your car analogy.

Comment

Jess, things are looking really bad here in the US, but look at China for example. We can't even eat their farmed fish because it's full of shit and toxins. It really is a sad world where nothing can be trusted anymore. I haven't been in Brazil for about 7 years already so I don't know how things are in my country, but I'm hoping that when I go back, things will be a little better than they are here. It's really impossible for people to reach good health nowadays if they don't have money, which is my case.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Raphael:

Here a link that might hlp you

Nutritional benefits of grassfed products

http://www.eatwild.com/healthbenefits.htm

Comment

ohiolopez, I know the health benefits of grassfed meat. What I have been trying to say this whole time is that not everybody can afford that for dinner every night, especially me, being a college student. That leaves me in a bad position because everything I can afford out there is full of crap. Heck, even non-grassfed meat is expensive for me. I was looking at the meats at the supermarket today and I spotted what Mark calls thrift meats: chicken hearts, turkey necks, pig feet, etc. I think I&#39;m gonna try those! Okay, maybe not the last one, but I&#39;ve always liked chicken hearts, and they were less than 2$. At the farmer&#39;s market, a piece of grassfed beef was +20$!

Comment

Raphael, there was a topic here before you came on questioning the justification of grassfed meats in regards Omega 3&#39;s. It was pointed out that the O63 ratios certainly improve, but at a heck of a cost.

Like you, we can&#39;t afford those high quality meets. I do try to remember to take a few fish oil capsules with meals.

If I had the money, I would certainly buy all the "kind to animals" meats for that reason alone. If I got better nutrition, that would be fine. But not the reason I would buy them.

Comment

Come on guys stop complaining, 6 organic eggs cost here in Finland about 2.35 Euros = 3.364965 U.S. dollars. That&#39;s about 6.7$ for a dozen. :/ I still buy them though and I&#39;m a student. I figure what could be a better way to invest money than your health?

Comment

damnregistering, because I want to invest more on my education so I can get out of here one day, get a good job, THEN be able to afford good food.

Comment

Raphael, i guess that&#39;s a valid point. Luckily the university (and all) education is free here so i don&#39;t have to worry about that.

Damn, speaking of education i should be already reading for an exam.

Comment

Raphael S.

I think you are correct that eating stuff from the farmer&#39;s market is more expensive. My viewpoint is that if I eat better I should be able to live a healthier life not longer.

In my case I have decided to prioritize my food, and I am currently unemployed. I have decide my eggs and fruit are coming from the farm. Yesterday I bought some pork chops at the farmer&#39;s market.

I think if I can eat primal 80% of the time and 50% of my meals come directly from the farmer than I am better off than if did not eat all this way.

I comment you for caring about your food, I am 47 years old and never new how bad things could be.

Comment

Working...
                        X