Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SURVIVAL WEEK - 8/17/09

It's time for another Surival Week!

Time to really rough it out. Things aren't looking so good for Grok. Maybe there's a draught and foraging just isn't working out. Hunting may be sparse. Can you survive?

Guidelines:

1) No alcohol, dairy, chocolate (or whatever your vice is.)

2) Carbs below 50.

3) IF one meal per day.

4) Use only what you already have in your kitchen. No new groceries.

How many can you follow? Can you take them all on at the same time? Can you survive?

In!

Comment

Totally in!

I am in need of a swift kick in the but.

Check out my daily findings and results posted @ http://the-bearsden.blogspot.com!

Comment

not in, but I'll be here to cheer you on. Added to my faves.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

YES! I'm SO ready!

Comment

I'm in, I need a 'swift kick in the..' as well.

Comment

I'm in! No chocolate, carbs below 50, IF one meal a day, and no new groceries after the ones I buy tomorrow.

Comment

Count me in!

no coffee, low carbin it for the week.

just the little push ive been needing...

Comment

I'm terrified of this and think you all have this amazing discipline that I lack, but what the hell, I'm in too.

Comment

No discipline needed! Just wait after your morning exercise to eat and then only eat when you are hungry (for me it's about 11 am), then, eat loads of protein and fat (steak with coconut oil! mmmmmmm), then a similar 'lunch' when hungry (for me it's about 3:30 - 4 pm). Plus Fish oils and water and bam! It's Survival Week!

I'm in. I think my morning protein shake may have had too many carbs due to the sweetener used to make my coconut milk, but I'll eat nothing but protein and fat the rest of the day.

Comment

Damn, I'm already dairy, chocolate and alcohol-free (one mojito in the last 20 months!), I've been zero-carbing for almost two months (highest off-plan day was around 20 grams, with a quarter cup of blueberries that left my belly bloated for days!), and I already eat only once or twice most days. My only vice? Espresso, black (made with the Aerobie Press which is one of my favorite gifts ever, plug plug, no affiliation just a satisfied customer: http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm). Even after going cold turkey on sugar and cream, thanks to this stuff I went from one or two pots of regular coffee a day to one or two 6-ounce cups -- a little goes a long way! But over the last week I've been noticing my consumption slowly creeping up, to one or even two of the 6-ounce cups per day. It hasn't been causing me any problems that I've noticed, but I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to go a month without...your thoughts?

Comment

Ooh! I am SO in! I've already skipped a meal the past two days, and I'd love to add giving up cream and fruit to that. My parents would think I'm nuts if they ever paid attention to the things I eat.

Comment

I will never give up coffee. I've given up a bunch of crap and coffee ain't gonna be one of them.

No dairy

Carbs less than 50

Reduce fruit to 1 per day

Today's food: eggs, coconut oil, canadian bacon, cod liver oil, vampire chicken, radishes, cherries, almonds, more vampire chicken, broccoli.

Will have carb total at end of day when I'm done eating.

Exercise: P90X Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X

Comment

Damn straight, DCKMB! You can pry the coffee out of my cold dead hands. I see you have chest and back, yummy. Gotta love those heart to heart pushups. I did Chalean Extreme today. It's a lot like P90X, but hasn't gotten the same amount of attention. I have to wonder if it is because it's a chick leading the way.

Carbs are going to end at 34 today if I play my cards right.

Comment

CheLEAN looks to have originated from BeachBody (Same place P90-X is from).

Comment

Working...
                              X