No announcement yet.

SURVIVAL WEEK - 8/17/09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Sometimes you have to take it one day at a time.

It's my pleasure. I'd been doing Survival Week for a while now, but I have to say it's so much more fun when you all join in with me!

Comment

Woo-hoo Maba!

Comment

Wow, the second day went without hunger.

B: I/F

L : Big salad and a can of sardines in olive oil.

S: 2 tablespoons of sunflower seed butter.

D: 2 grassfed hot dogs. 1/4 cup walnuts.

Total calories at this point: 1070. I may eat a little bit of chicken later on (150-200 calories' worth) if I feel hungry.

Exercise: 1 hour and 15 minutes yoga. 20 minutes weight lifting.

Comment

I forgot to say 27.5 carbs. 69% fat, 29% protein.

Comment

Sounds like everyone is doing fabulous!

I think I am probably close to 60 carbs today cuz I added cantaloupe and almond butter to what I had listed above. I walked 30 minutes during lunch and then another hour after work on the trail with several sprints. Saw a rattlesnake but did not attempt to catch it ^_^ There was a lady on the trail with her 2 dogs and she had stopped to look and I called out to her asking what was there- she was so scared she said "It's a skattlerake!" Skattlerake instead of rattlesnake- lol. I thought it was cute.

Comment

HEY! Last to post yesterday and first to post today. What's everyone doing?

eggs, coconut oil, canadian bacon, lunch at Red Robin with a friend (chicken salad of some kind), cherries, almonds, salmon, cauliflower, cod liver oil

Will probably hit the trail again after work.

Comment

Ok, I'm close to 18 hours of IF. I packed some coconut pieces to snack on if I felt hungry. I was hoping for a 20 hour fast and to break it with this nice porterhouse steak. What do y'all think? Wait it out or eat the coconut pieces, as 18 hours is my longest-to-date anyway?

Comment

I say hold out for the steak and have the coconut for dessert. If you've already gone 18 hours, going another 2 should be easy!

That being said, I don't think its the end of the world if you eat the coconut now, its a prime snack choice and isn't going to derail your fasting efforts.

Now I want both coconut and steak.... and I'm starting my IF now haha...

Comment

maba, you are probably done with your fast by now. What did you end up doing?

Good luck on yours, ccarrigan.

I am working on getting a massive headache right now. My salad at lunch did not have enough meat in it.

Comment

let's see....

B: Omelet

L:IF

Dinner: some tequila grilled chicken with dijon and chives. YUM. And some boring cauliflower and broccoli

S: artichoke and a glass of red wine (alcohol isn't my vice, if I can't have almond butter, give me a glass of red)

Carbs are prolly close to 50 today b.c of the choke and veg

I dug out an old school Firm workout today. It was awesome. Those original ones are hard. Seriously, they would give old Horton a run for his money.

Comment

I was stuck in traffic for almost an hour and I ate the coconut - 1/2 a dehydrated coconut - the moment the clock turned 6 - my first 20 hour IF. Have to go cook the steak now, but am hoping to get in a quick weights session before that.

Comment

OMG, you guys are doing great!

I'm seriously having some cravings right now. I want fruit so bad but I have nothing in the house. I just chowed down some pork rinds and some sunflower seeds, but they didn't hit the spot. I want an apple! I'm almost considering walking to the ice cream shop/fruit stand to buy some fruit. That doesn't count as groceries, does it?

B: IF

L: Raw zucchini and green beans, egg salad with lots of spices.

D: Big bowl of soup (pork, onion and mushroom), pork rinds with mayo/mustard/hot sauce mixed, and sunflower seeds.

Carbs: 38-ish

Comment

B: IF

L: 1 tbsp of sunflower seed butter, 1 egg, 1 carrot

D: A can of wild sockeye from Whole Foods. Handful of bluberries and raspberries, and a slice of apple. (I had major fruit cravings, but managed to weigh the fruit and come under the daily allotment of carbs.)

45 gram carbs. F43/P30/C22.734 calories total.

I did have a migraine today, developed possibly because I had my coffee and food too late (at 2 p.m.), so consequently I didn't move much and didn't eat much. But I think I might grab some protein shake with coco milk later on so that my muscles are not depleted.

Comment

Just posted this on my journal:

- No almonds today

- 20 hour IF

- Carbs under 50

B/f & L : IF (20 hours)

S: 1/2 dehydrated coconut

D:

Porterhouse steak cooked in ghee

Zucchini-yellow string bean stir fry

Salsa Verde

slightly frozen coconut milk + cocoa w/ fresh blueberries (yummy)

WOD:

30 min walk

Macronutrients:

Fat: 76 % - 144.7g

Protein: 16% - 62.2g

Carbs: 8% - 35.5g

Total calories: 1642

I'm happy about the 20 hour IF. Although I wasn't particularly hungry, I had this nagging feeling to munch on something. It wasn't craving but just something I could chew on. Didn't want to drink green tea either, so kept sipping hot water.

Comment

I completely and utterly devastated my fast. I ate two apples at basketball practice and almost ate another one just now. tragic. oh well. I will attempt the fast again for my dinner tomorrow night.

I have such a difficult time keeping my carbs under 50g I am such a fruit junkie. Plus the fact that I don't have any meat in the house, and the only protein sources I have are eggs and almonds. Survival week is hard dangit!

Too bed! Where the carbs can't get me!

Comment

Working...
                                X