No announcement yet.

Transitioning to eating meat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just starting primal after being a vegetarian for my entire life. I've not tried a steak, or whole chicken yet, just shredded chicken or home grown hamburger with a ton of veggies to drown out any meat taste. I didn't have any problems eating it, since there were so much other stuff besides meat. I also made myself some pemmican, ground up a roast, dried it, then pulverized it into powder. After I mixed it with pulverized dried blueberries and coconut oil you can't even taste the meat. And a tiny little piece gives you around 30gms protein. This is a great way for me to add protein and meat when I really don't feel like eating meat

Comment

Maybe try beef jerky? I dont do steaks/roasts ever, I hate the flavor and texture. But I dont mind ground beef or beef jerky. As other have said though, fish/seafood, and eggs are great.

Comment

Could you try making it into a puree like you would for baby food? Or else stir fries where you could hide a few small pieces of beef in with some other meat plus tons of veggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy2078 View Post
          There's no point in eating red meat if you already are eating other types of meat. People from centuries ago (and thousands of years ago) didn't suffer from not eating one type of meat; they ate what was available in their areas.
          Beef has by far the most carnitine and CLA of any of the typical farm animals, and littlest omega 6. So it is pretty ideal, especially grass fed. Maybe lack of beef doesn't cause complete and utter death and suffering, but it is far better than eating chicken, pork, or turkey.
          Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Isfahel View Post
            I'm just starting primal after being a vegetarian for my entire life. I've not tried a steak, or whole chicken yet, just shredded chicken or home grown hamburger with a ton of veggies to drown out any meat taste. I didn't have any problems eating it, since there were so much other stuff besides meat. I also made myself some pemmican, ground up a roast, dried it, then pulverized it into powder. After I mixed it with pulverized dried blueberries and coconut oil you can't even taste the meat. And a tiny little piece gives you around 30gms protein. This is a great way for me to add protein and meat when I really don't feel like eating meat
            I don't think that's true pemmican so it won't keep like pemmican will. True pemmican has the moisture removed from the meat and fat to prevent it going off. However, it does sound like an awesome idea nonetheless and you can keep in the for a week or so until it goes off, or throw in the freezer instead.
            A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

You need to eat meat! Do you want to become a scrawny vegan! I think not!

Look at that book 'skinny bitch'. She is another scrawny vegan glamour girl. We like our girls primal not primadonna! Eat up!

Lift more heavy weights, do lots of shouting in private and watch lots of UFC fighting. I find that builds my appetite for a rare grass fed steak very quickly. They call it 'alpha typing'.

Comment

...does anyone have that Bacon Explosion recipe handy?
                I'm think of having it tomorrow, wth a side of troll salsa.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk View Post
                  You need to eat meat! Do you want to become a scrawny vegan! .
                  Sometimes vegans are fat not scrawny. They are also often stupid, rude and preachy.

Comment

Ignore the vegan raw foodist troll (Donk and Durianrider....)

Don't let them suck up your time guys. Add them to your ignore list and move along.

Add to ignore by clicking on their names in any of their posts. On the profile page, one of the options (along with pm or send email) is IGNORE THIS USER.
                    Last edited by cillakat; 09-07-2010, 02:53 PM.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Working...
                    X