Zuchini Pizza Crust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuchini Pizza Crust

I made a pizza crust out of shredded zuchini, egg, parmesean and garlic. A couple of people have asked me how...here is what I did:

Shred a medium sized zuchini, salt it, leave it in a colander for about 20 min to drain. Use paper towels to squeeze more water out of it (the drier the better.)

Stir in a couple eggs, a couple of cloves of minced garlic and a cup of grated parmesean cheese. Spread in a pan (I don't know the dimentions of mine...bigger than 9x13) and bake at 400 for 20 min. It comes out a bit like a fritata.

Put the toppings on and bake for another 10-15 min.

I used mozarella, italian sausage, red onion, fresh basil, olives. Next time I will go greek and use chicken, feta, artichoke hearts, olives, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Enjoy!

ps...I adapted this recipe from one on another site. I will post the original author later (it's at home).

Ooh, sounds delicious. Thanks PattySt!

Comment

I am totally going to try that tonight!!!

Comment

Yummy!! Friday night pizza night lives!!

Comment

Sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing this recipe with us!

Comment

ok, I just saw this - disregard my post in your journal !

PrimalMom
            Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Comment

it does sound yummy, but what's with all the cheese around here you guys??

we are dairy-allergic so cheese is right out. any ideas for subs for the dairy?

Comment

I do try to keep my cheese consumption limited...however.... Just throw on a bunch of other pizza toppings...go for more meat. Non-dairy cheese sounds scary....

Good Luck!

Comment

Hi,

New and but migrating into PB. Quick question: How are you shredding the zuchini? I'm not 100%

Regards,

Mark

Comment

I use the large hole side of a box grater to shred zucchini.

Comment

Tried making it, turned out like a glorified omelet... With readjust and try again. : ) Any tips in making it less liquid-y? I was thinking maybe a cheese cloth to force the water out with... kinda like the (egg)cheese I remember my grandmother making

Comment

Cheese cloth might work well. You definitly have to work at drying out the zuchini. I actually liked it better as a leftover, heated in a fry pan which dried out the bottom I also cooked the crust a long time (25 min or so) before I put the toppings on.

Sadly it will never be crispy or doughy like real pizza crust!

Peace

Comment

It seems to come out more the consistancy of lasagna noodles than of pizza dough... perhaps the recipe would be better functioning as a primal alternative to lasagna? I think I'll try that this weekend. Make it on a large tray and slice it into noodle shapes....

Comment

Wow!!!! Thank you! I know what I'm having for Dinner!!!

Comment

I made this for dinner. Had a tough time stopping me from eating the entire tray. It was delicious. Thanks Patty St!

Comment

Working...
                              X