"Master Cleanse" and other juice fasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    Ummm, people that juice fast already know that. But it's dangerous to water fast for lengthy periods of time if you already have a disorder as the body releases large amounts of toxins when fasting. Taking in juice just means your body detoxes more slowly. That's why I juice fast for my kidneys, rather than water fasting. And it has nothing to do with veganism, what a silly idea.

I agree. With juice fasting the body is in a detox and healing mode without the distraction of energy-sapping digestive processes. It can draw on a wide variety of nutrients very fast giving the body the support it needs. Personally, I prefer to also supplement with some green powders and other fibre to keep the bowels open and help the body eliminate toxins, parasites and heavy metals etc. during the cleanse. Yes there are some sugars, but minimal if you use as you should during a juice fast, mainly vegetables, but unlike the pre-packed juice you buy in the stores, it's fresh juice full of nutrition and live enzymes.

This, as you say, is not about going 'vegan' or vegetarian, it's about doing periodic housekeeping.

Just check out Joe Cross and his 60 day juicing regime. Whilst he now eats more raw veg than he used to, he is not averse to an occasional juicy steak!

I have moved on from the idea of extremes, to being more balanced between both paleolithic and veggie. They both have their merits. I don't think it is good to go to the extreme in either direction. Its not a competition! As Dr. Campbell-McBride points out, many ancient cultures would ferment plants and seeds to make more easily digestible and highly nutritious beverages and foods.

Protein and fats are building blocks, plants are healing and detoxifying. We need the aspects of both.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a fad. SUCH A FAD. Drives in ABSOLUTELY BONKERS! Living in Los Angeles, I hear all my friends say "oh I am going on a detox or a fast for the next few days" - WHY DON'T YOU JUST EAT HEALTHY... That's a DETOX people!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sebzzz View Post
        Juice fasting makes no sense. It defies the idea of fasting and is nothing nut almost pure sugar in your system.
        My boss went on a juice fast. He was running around in a manic state screaming "you need to try this, I feel great!".

Yeah man, cause you are chugging pure sugar on an empty stomach and are high as a kite.

Comment

Originally posted by GiGiEats View Post
          NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a fad. SUCH A FAD. Drives in ABSOLUTELY BONKERS! Living in Los Angeles, I hear all my friends say "oh I am going on a detox or a fast for the next few days" - WHY DON'T YOU JUST EAT HEALTHY... That's a DETOX people!!!!!!
          Absolutely drives me nuts too, the people who I knew who "cleasened" were all obese. They basically ate paleo for a few days then went back to their obesity diet.... Yet busted on my skinny ass for sticking to my "crazy caveman diet". I attributed that to them being so incredibly brainwashed by CW and an unwillingness to research any other weight loss techniques than what was prescribed in the 80's and 90's. I sooooo cant wait to give then a big ole told you so when mainstream media starts reporting that fat don't make you fat!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Personally I wouldn't do any of fasting diets, drinks, mixtures and so on. I think our bodies pretty much regulate themselves. We can help it along with proper nutrition and herbs, but to put your body through the shock of food deprivation while drinking vinegar or lemon juice or olive oil or other combinations, puts undue stress on the us and may do more harm than good. I never get positive responses from people that do these cleanses. We eat raw habanero pepper with food. It kills anything and everything that we can harbor inside us from parasites to candida.

Comment

"Master Cleanse" and other juice fasts

I like having a few days (3-5) of chewing no food a fee times a year, and I find both the master cleanse and juice diets to keep me from losing energy during that length of time with no ill effects from either. I used to say I was "fasting" but that's not true. I fast during sleep nightly so I don't need more fasting. But I do still find value in short liquid diets as part of my ongoing health routine- seasonally I suppose- I just don't believe in all of the grandiose claims made about them. I like drinking cals only sometimes because it frees up a lot of my energy for other interests (like art or dancing or yoga). But I dont find it to be useful as a fat loss tool at all.

Comment

Its totally retarded. Your body is always 'detoxing', and provide you have functioning liver and kidneys, your body will cleanse fine. The exception might be if you have some metal/vitamin accumulation.

The reason people lose a lot of weight is because the calories are so damn low, but its completely unsustainable and unhealthy (gg, losing muscle mass).
                http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Regular fasting is a good thing. Not so sure on the other kinds.
                  Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

A 16 hour fast is best to promote autophagy which has been demonstrated to increase health Autophagy: cellular and molecular mechanisms. [J Pathol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI
                    There is a window in which autophagy is promoted, fast for longer and you'll actually decrease the effectiveness of subsequent fasts and also cause the body to accumulate extra weight when you return to normal eating. I just drink green tea during my regular 16 hour fasts- no money to be made out of it though so you won't see it as a fad Hollywood diet.
                    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
                    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

FWIW don't juice entire red onions. Worst. Drink. Ever.
                      Salube Up! - SalubriousU

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
                        Actually it isn't all crap. I had severe kidney damage which reversed after juice fasting. I know of several other people that have cured all kinds of serious diseases through fasting. There are testimonials all over the internet from people being cured of various life threatening diseases and ailments through fasting. Sometimes our bodies get so sick that they lose the ability to self repair, even with a proper diet (like what happened with me). Fasting seems to work because it gives the whole digestive system a rest and somehow enables the body to kick starts its self healing. I can't give you research papers or other evidence, but it does work.
                        OK... but is the juice and stuff necessary or can you just, you know, fast? This all seems kind of silly.
                        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Working...
                        X