What's your primal comfort food?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your primal comfort food?

after a bad day, or sleepless night etc, what is that one food or meal you turn to that just makes you go ahhh with the happy belly feel?

Me...mine is thin cut ribeye(ok usually chuck eye aka cheap mans rib eye) seared in strips in tallow and dipped in sunny side up eggs
    Get on my Level
    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Scrambled eggs for me... makes me super happy.
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

Bacon and over-easy eggs with the eggs fried in the bacon grease with some avocado and tomato
      "The power that made the body HEALS the body" - B.J. Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Chiro View Post
        Bacon and over-easy eggs with the eggs fried in the bacon grease
        +1. I love bacon and eggs. Just lately I've even taken to doing scrambled eggs in bacon grease. Best scrambled eggs I've had.

If I don't want a whole meal, then I'll have a couple of squares of dark chocolate, preferably Green and Blacks 85% cocoa.

Comment

Fatty cut of red meat with raw salad or 4-5 eggs with broccoli, salami or bacon and handful of nuts.

Comment

Mine is filet mignon wrapped in bacon and to make it the PERFECT comfort meal... add two scrabbled eggs with crabmeat cooked in alot of butter and some cream cheese to go on top of the eggs!!

Comment

The other night I made bacon and drizzled a little bit of coconut oil/bittersweet cocoa/stevia blend over it. Yummmm! If my housemates had seen that they'd probably have assumed I was high. But no. Only primal.
              Starting Weight: 140, primal as of 8/13/2010
              Goal Weight: 120 by 12/31/2010

Underground Primal: Going primal. Quietly.

Comment

I'll continue with the veneration of eggs and bacon as a food that comforts the soul

I also adore my mother's eggplant dip, made with roasted eggplant, pepper, tomatoes, vinegar, and olive oil.

A new one now is coconut cream.
                --
                Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

Crispy fried slices of pork belly with a dash of sea salt. Ahhhh...childhood comfort food. Have to make sure there is the skin left on so there is an extra crispy bit of crunch.
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Originally posted by missprimaldiva View Post
                    Mine is filet mignon wrapped in bacon and to make it the PERFECT comfort meal... add two scrabbled eggs with crabmeat cooked in alot of butter and some cream cheese to go on top of the eggs!!
                    Oh mama!

HArdboiled eggs with mozarella melted on top.
                    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Scrambled eggs with green herbs, green onions and sour cream.

Comment

I'm stuck on bacon, omelets, and raw spinach
                        Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                        Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                        Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

Something sweet: chilled coconut milk with blueberries and macadamia nuts.

Something savory: any sort of roasted meat

In a hurry: a teaspoon + a block of butter

Depressed: all of the above

Comment

A nice rare steak with a side salad and some steamed green beans with plenty of garlic.
                            Vibrams London

Comment

Chili... hands down.
                              Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                              -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Working...
                              X