No announcement yet.

What's your primal comfort food?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The crackling from a well - roast pork joint.

Comment

Chili
      Stew
      rare steak
      Scrambled eggs with sausages and avocado
      Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
      A big plate of greens with butter
      Curry

Comment

Goat Ghosht, Desi Murgh Curry, Chicken 65, steak with shrimp, or slow cooker brisket (with peppers of course) depending on my mood.
        Sweet: Stuck on berries w/ variations on whipped heaven
        "I wanna go home to Dallas"- Stir fry, chicken 'n' zuke or zuke spag.
        Cool- HUGE BAS with everything but the kitchen sink in it.
        Last edited by naiadknight; 08-24-2010, 05:10 AM.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

Sunny side ups and sausage all the way!

Comment

A big plate of bacon and fried eggs with soft yolks. I used to dip toast in yolks, now that's what the bacon is for.

Comment

Pot Roast, with lots of fat holding it together in melting hunks, onions, pan juices and a pile of mashed roasted garlic cauliflower.
              Coconut French Vanilla Poundcake with Whipped Cream
              Walnut Meal Brownies with whipped cream
              BAS with Avocado, HB eggs, and bacon with bacon grease/vinegar dressing

Comment

hahaha wow sounds like im not the only eggy yolky dippy craver for comfort here!!
                Get on my Level
                http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Carne Asada (essentially, grilled beef rubbed with garlic, cumin, salt, pepper with a side of guacamole)
                  Coconut flour crepes with (unsweetened) whipped cream, chopped nuts, and fruit
                  Casseroles with lots of ground beef
                  Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

Tired and bummed out but really hungry = shakshuka (eggs poached in spicy ground meat marinara sauce)
                    PMS-y and emo = 2-4 squares of dark chocolate

Out and about = tearing into a juicy rotisserie chicken with my bare hands and growling at rude people staring or gawking!
                    The more I see the less I know for sure.
                    -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
                      hahaha wow sounds like im not the only eggy yolky dippy craver for comfort here!!
                      Ya, you inspired me, I'm gonna make yours for dinner one of these nights!!!
                      The more I see the less I know for sure.
                      -John Lennon

Comment

Fried eggs, with the center very gooey, mashed butternut squash, coconut flour baked goods that I limit to once a month for a reason.

Comment

Broccoli and kippers. Just had a bowl.

Comment

Crab meat and watercress in a chicken broth with a bit of garlic. Maybe some asparagus too. Really easy to make and really great when you have a sore throat or you just want to warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
                              I went home for lunch today. I poached 6 eggs and used 'em as dipping stations for 12 pieces of bacon.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Washed it down with 1/2 cup of coconut cream, and all is right in the world.

Comment

Eggs and bacon get my vote, too, but...

Angry or stressed out: Macadamia nuts (which I have loved since childhood but have never let myself eat more than one or two because of all that sat. fat! Now I'm in a love affair with them, guilt free!)

Upset/sad/lonely: Banana or apple with a LOT of almond butter... maybe some coconut flakes sprinkled on.

Late night: Cold cut nachos-- basically, roast beef or turkey cold cuts warmed in the microwave with mozzarella cheese melted all over. Sometimes a jalapeno or some guacamole..... mmmmm.
                                28, female, 5'2"
                                Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
                                1/12/12: 135 lbs.
                                Goal: 120 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X