Interesting Whole Foods article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Whole Foods article

Looks like Whole Foods is talking about going back to basics with the "whole" concept. Will be interesting to see if they actually do it. I didn't see a time frame in the article or if they plan to test run at specific stores first.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/08/...p-selling-junk

Looks promising, at least.

Comment

Very cool! I hope they follow through--I like what it said about taking a leadership role.

Comment

Sounds good. I do hope their definition of "whole" will mean upping grass-fed meat.

I had a disappointing trip to WF in the Chicago suburbs yesterday. I went up to the meat counter and asked for grass-fed beef. The meat clerks rolled their eyes and said they only have some ground beef and Applegate Farms hot dogs, adding that they used to have more, but no one bought it and it took up too much room. Sad.

Comment

Applegate Farms 100% grass-fed beef hot dogs are awesome, though.

Comment

Indeed, Maurile, they were delish.

Comment

It mentions that he has a new diet - cutting out refined fats?????? WTF???

I did a little searching and as of December 2007 he apparently went from vegetarian to vegan.

The article implies that this is to be a weight loss diet, not "diet" in the general sense. So, he got overweight on vegan? Not likely.

Too many of those 365 brand cookies?

Comment

Working...
              X