No announcement yet.

School Lunch for Kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked about feeding my kids healthy food and they scoffed and told me it was a waste and the kids didn't eat and there a was ton of wasted food. . .So I am sending my son to school with a packed lunch. My Daughter still is in preschool so she eats at home.

Comment

[quote]

I asked about feeding my kids healthy food and they scoffed and told me it was a waste and the kids didn&#39;t eat and there a was ton of wasted food.</blockquote>

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Why would children tuck into that sort of trash with relish? I admit they eat up at fast-food joints, but there they&#39;re biochemically manipulated.

I know a few fussy children across our extended family, which is quite large, but there isn&#39;t one that wouldn&#39;t eat roast meat or boiled ham and most of the traditional accompaniments to that, including some of the milder and sweeter-tasting vegetables. Nothing like that appears on the sample list primalmom gave.

And most children don&#39;t seem to turn down home-made fruit crumble with cream or my grandmother and mother would have stopped making it. That might not be ideal, but it&#39;s probably got less sugar in it than some of the foods that are on offer.

These schools don&#39;t cook food: they reheat ready-made products. Never mind its compromised nutritional character, no one enjoys that stuff. Of course, they leave it.

Comment

My kids are allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. Makes it harder.

Comment

Working...
        X