Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does IF still count if you spend most of it asleep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does IF still count if you spend most of it asleep?

I IFed for about 18 and a half hours, but I spent about 12 of those hours sleeping (I'm sick and haven't gotten a good nights sleep in a few days, so I needed it). So does my IF still count?

yep.

Comment

hell yes it counts but WHY are you IFing if sick????? that has bad news bears written all over it.

please read Primal Law #10
      Last edited by lmyers04; 08-05-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I did hear that if you don't eat much when your sick, you body heals faster or something like that.
        My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

How sick are you? I would eat something... just dont be taking any meds!
          Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I'm not too sick, just achey and feverish and low energy. Also, there was only like 5ish hours between dinner and bed, and i had a fish file for dinner and some almond butter for dessert, so i didn't go to bed hungry or anything.

Comment

@ primal toad: i didn't. i never do if i can help it.

Comment

I'm of the camp that thinks you should do what you feel when you're sick - to a point. If you're delirious, maybe you're getting the wrong signals, but if you're just achey/feverish and you don't feel like eating, seems like you oughta listen to the signals.

Comment

you need to eat if you have a fever. IF does have healing properties on a cellular level, but it only works if you are healthy in the first place. Getting over a fever is a different thing entirely. Having a fever, then denying your body nutrients for 18 hours because you think it will 'heal' you faster is not a good decision. If you want to get over your sickness ASAP just eat please.

Comment

I haven't seen a list of primal sick foods, and I haven't been sick since being primal. The things that I used to eat when I was sick were different from my standard fare. Campbell's chicken noodle soup and toast with PB are what I would turn to. Come to think of it I should probably make some primal soup and freeze it for when I'm sick. I agree with Lindsey too, I would suspend IF if I were feverish.
                    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                      I haven't seen a list of primal sick foods, and I haven't been sick since being primal. The things that I used to eat when I was sick were different from my standard fare. Campbell's chicken noodle soup and toast with PB are what I would turn to. Come to think of it I should probably make some primal soup and freeze it for when I'm sick. I agree with Lindsey too, I would suspend IF if I were feverish.
                      I havnt been sick either, not even close. *knocks on wood* I like spicy things when im sick. Like a piping hot red curry or something. That used to be hangover cure too. I'll really eat anything when im sick, the problem is that I just dont feel like cooking it myself. Pre-frozen is genius in this regard, but what if you dont get sick for another 2 years, Daemon?!?!

Comment

The Daemon has massive amounts of freezer space to accommodate his upcoming purchase of half a side of beef. (Hear that Bossy? I'm coming for ya and I've got lots of room in my freezer) I would gladly toss out some unused packaged soup if I could go for two years without being sick.

The Daemon also loves spicy food (to the point of obsession almost) even when he's not sick so, no argument there.
                        http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

I felt better the next day, and ate shortly after waking. Like I said, I wasn't going hungry and I spent most of my IF asleep.

Comment

Primal chicken soup would be an ultra easy recipe.
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

I got really, really, ultra sick a few months back and couldn't eat anything solid for like 7 days. I dropped 9 pounds. BAD, BAD, BAD. My entire body was weak and tired. I survived on Organic Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (I had no clue that something 97% water could feel that nourishing) and ginger kombucha. Toward the end there, I began boiling kale and chicken into the soup as sustenance...

Wow, just reflecting! I think I had just joined the forum at that point.

-写
                              Little Saiyan

Comment

Working...
                              X