Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, that's what i mean, avodado ...

Comment

well, i survived! felt a bit nauseous right after eating, but i think that may have been the good 'ole psyche working overtime!

1 down, 37 to go ... (10 broke in transit!) ...

Comment

Originally posted by avocado View Post
        Yeah, I'm not sure people are considering that your eggs really weren't room temp, sound like they got hot, presumably for several days.
        If the eggs are cooked to a minimum 160 deg F, then the risk of Salmonellosis is nil. according to http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets...rs/index.asp#9
        "I am a member of PETA...People Eat Tasty Animals"

Comment

Originally posted by netbum View Post
          well, i survived! felt a bit nauseous right after eating, but i think that may have been the good 'ole psyche working overtime!

Would they refund/replace just for that? That's 20%!

Comment

LX ... wondering more about salmonella or other evil things growing in the eggs due to their being in heat for three days prior to their arrival here ... can't smell that, i don't think??
            It takes a rather large colony of salmonella to make you sick, so as long as you're cooking your eggs (even if the yolks are soft) I wouldn't worry about it. I'd just avoid drinking them raw.

Comment

I'm so glad you didn't get sick!! Let us know what yummy egg dishes you make with all those eggs!
              My journal

Comment

@angieh - sure will ... i'm kind of a basics sort of girl, though, so more than likely will have a lot of scrambled eggs "with" other stuff. one thing i did try, early into my latest primal plunge, was some good homemade chili over scrambled eggs ... YUM! it helped me get over the pasta i used to eat under my chili ...

@steve and lx ... thanks for the reassurance ... i will eat up with a lot more peace of mind now!!

@avocado ... i dunno what they would have done if i had received the eggs on schedule, but with 10 broken ... so far i am quite impressed with their customer service ... we will see how the next shipment arrives ... i just got some coconut flour, soap, and oil from them today ... very high quality products ... they definitely have a new loyal customer ...

Comment

Working...
                X