Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 8%
    Iron 8%
    *Daily value not established.

don't know about brand
    but that stuff is addicting!!
    enjoy!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

It would be easier to judge by the ingredients list than the nutrition label.

If it's got one ingredient, and that is almonds, it's perfect. (Raw almonds would be more perfect =] than roasted almonds, but they do have different flavors, so that's up to your personal preference.) If there's added salt, that's probably ok. If there's honey or sugar, it's not a great choice.
      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I find making my own is easiest - I know exactly what goes it in plus I find it's usually cheaper ($9.89 for 3 lbs. of almonds at my local Costco).

Comment

A great pre-packaged brand you can look for is MaraNatha. Also, like Marisa said, you can just buy almonds and food processor/blend them into almond butter, which is also fairly inexpensive and not too time consuming

Comment

You will over time become addicted. make sure you set limits. I now have to buy the fresh ground ifrom WF in small quantities or I eat too much.
            "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Originally posted by Chairdr View Post
              You will over time become addicted. make sure you set limits. I now have to buy the fresh ground ifrom WF in small quantities or I eat too much.
              YES, very addictive. So amazing though, just melts in your mouth and goes so well with fruit and veg slices or just on it's own. I have gone overboard with it, but never regret.
              I blog here: http://www.primalkat.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rip City View Post
                A great pre-packaged brand you can look for is MaraNatha. Also, like Marisa said, you can just buy almonds and food processor/blend them into almond butter, which is also fairly inexpensive and not too time consuming
                Maranatha (100% almonds) is the brand available at Costco. 26-oz jar for $5.69.

Comment

There's actually about 4g's of polyunsaturated fat in 2 tbsps of almond butter, not 0.......most of it omega 6.
                  Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

My favorite is Woodstock Farms (the "smooth" one that's just almonds). I don't know what they do differently, but I like the taste much more than the MaraNatha one. It is a few bucks more, but I buy it so rarely that it doesn't matter much to me.
                    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X