No announcement yet.

Probiotics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the need for probiotics unique to the PB lifestyle? Or would you recommend them for everyone?
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lodini View Post
      Is the need for probiotics unique to the PB lifestyle? Or would you recommend them for everyone?
      I am by no means an expert on primal living, but I have long been an advocate of probiotics. They have immeasurably helped my IBS. Definitely everyone. In fact, if one's diet is high in sugar, there's lot of bad bacteria and yeast, so they are probably even more important. Plus, like others have mentioned, we're too clean, so we don't get them through natural means. I think pills are the easiest, but we do eat fermented veggies (pickles, gingered carrots, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by lmyers04 View Post
        digestive enzymes help us to digest, assimilate, utilize and eliminate our food by breaking the food down into a liquid called bile so that we can absorb nutrients in our small intestine.
        Tiny correction. The stomach processes food into chyme not bile. Bile is made by the liver and secreted to help solubilize fats so we can digest them better.

Comment

Working...
        X