Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate my intake? (to see if I'm doin' it right)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate my intake? (to see if I'm doin' it right)

After reading the book and scoping out these forums for awhile, I decided to take a snapshot of what I ate in one day, and wanted some feedback to see if I'm following the principles properly. Right now I'm 168pound, 6 foot, 37inch around the gut and 24 years old (if that matters). I'm still in "weight loss" mode atm hoping to eventually be down to 160 ish (I'm a small frame probably, I'm very diligent to not lose an ounce of lean mass; have been working out).

It's not been made totally clear what your macronutrient ratios should be (or I just haven't looked right), but I'd imagine 60/30/10 - Fat/Prot/Carb, respectively, is correct? the addition of any carbs or sugar beyond the 60-ish grams I get a day (literally, two kiwis extra) throws me into "maintenence" range. I stayed at 170 for about 2weeks with the inclusion of those two extra kiwis (and pineapple every so often) a day.

Anyway, my fitday charts are attached. I'm a bit worried about the superhigh RDA numbers. I'd love some feedback. Thanks for looking!

*The content of each attachment should be evident from the title*
    Attached Files

now that attachments are approved, bump!

Comment

Those charts look awesome to me. I also noticed that it's hard to get enough Vitamin A and E (I think grassfed animals had more of these e.g. organic eggs and grassfed butter), so I got supplements for them.

Comment

Don't worry about FDA numbers, they aren't based on much anyway, I've even seen MD's recommend getting at least 4x them and, besides, it's mostly guesswork/an average how much was in the actual food you ate.
        Lifting Journal

Comment

Working...
        X