No announcement yet.

Primal Nutrition Suggestions Denied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my thing is, when getting my friends/family to eat Primal is to not tell them they're eating Primal. I just make food (or food suggestions) so good they don't even realize what they're missing.
    Absolutely!

For this OP, it seems he's still under his parents' roof, which means he doesn't have the final say on what's for dinner. Some ofthe last few suggestions are great - offer to cook yourself, don't use the word "primal" - just make something great!, suggest things where the grain is optional (meat + potatoes, just don't eat your potato and it won't kill your family to eat theirs like too much white pasta & rolls eventually would), ...

I actually do have family members who literally think they'll leave the table hungry if they don't have meat, 3 veggies, and a grain. Puhleeze. So I make the dang grain when we eat with them, and just skip it for myself. It's worth it to preserve family harmony. Dang things have absolutely no appeal to me anymore, whereas I used to be a total bread addict, so I know the panic they feel when they think of a meal w/o grains and/or dessert (which they haven't yet considered as being anything close to in the same category).
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Working...
    X