Soybean Oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soybean Oil

I understand that soybean oil is much higher in omega 6's, but other than that, can someone please explain why it is bad. I need a compelling reason to convert my husband entirely from smart balance spread to grass fed butter (aside from the taste! lol)

Thanks!

It is often rancid and is bleached to cover that. It goes bad very quickly as well. It can mess with your thyroid and is highly processed. I'd check out The Whole Soy Story book sometime. It goes into great detail about soy.
    My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

Why does he want to eat smart balance instead of grass fed butter? Cost? If the largest hurdle left in his diet is soybean oil from smart balance, it might not be worth worrying about.

Comment

Soy can cause an increase in estrogen and have many negative effects on men (increased incidence of prostate cancer).
        Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
          Soy can cause an increase in estrogen and have many negative effects on men (increased incidence of prostate cancer).
          And smaller testicles....that should do it.
          Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

How bad is smart balance?

Comment

All of these butter substitutes are RBD (refined, bleached and deodorized) oils...........enough said. Natural fat is a no brainer for the body to assimilate, not so much with man made.
              Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

Dig in:

http://www.westonaprice.org/know-you...t-con-ola.html

and there are many more place to read up about "the oiling of America". Canola, soybean, cottonseed, corn oils and the like are just industrial oils that have no place in the human diet. They are full of chemicals from the manufacturing and deodorizing process, they are rancid and highly oxidized from the heat in the manufacturing process, they are bad nasty poisonous and NOT for human consumption. Yes, Smart Balance is bad bad stuff, all these commercial processed oils are.

Comment

Book review, might need to pick up the book! http://www.westonaprice.org/book-rev...n-harvest.html

Comment

FAt should come from fatty things. Olives, walnuts, avocados, whole milk, meat. Soybeans, cottonseeds, & rapeseeds (canola) ... not so much. Not to mention the heat, pressure, and/or chemicals used to extract oil from non-oily things destroy the nutrient value and create a truly processed food. Aaaaaand the fact that, last I heard, some 90% of the US soy crop is genetically modified. Doesn't take a lot of searching to find the studies showing what happened to rats & other mammals when they were fed genetically modified food - sterile in just 3 generations.
                    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Working...
                    X