Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Mushrooms

post deleted by author
    Last edited by annahiggie; 02-04-2011, 08:28 AM.

Yes. Did not appreciate the barf-inducing magic.They taste like wood chips.
    Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Don't do it if you have any family history of mental illness.

Comment

No, not only am I not into drugs, but specifically not those. A friend of mine did them (the only drug he ever did other than a joint once or twice a year). He got terrible flashbacks, and one day was in a car crash because of one.
        Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
        Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
        Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
        Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

I did several years ago. Had a small portion twice in one week. The first time I went to heaven. The second time went to hell.

There is potential value in these - spiritual experience, that kind of thing - but best if you are using it as a serious sacrament and not just for some kicks. Definitely over a weekend with absolutely no stress. 'Set and setting' is the phrase. Also good to have someone else around (who is not partaking) just in case you start flipping out. And leave it at one small dose! Don't do it anytime soon again, it should be months between experiences (if I had known this, would have saved a wretched evening). Also, do you have any experience with other psychedelics or even marijuana? Regardless, if you search online you will probably find some pointers on how to optimize the experience and minimize unpleasant side effects. Lastly, how well do you know your own mind? Whatever is in there you may see pretty clearly. So people who already have done some inner exploration will be better suited to handle things.

If you take some, go out into nature. That is where the magic is. Maybe some music after that.

The other interesting thing is that magic mushrooms were probably part of Christmas rituals in Europe. Think about it. Even some contemporary Christmas images have gnomes with big fat red mushrooms laying around. Santa Claus himself may have brought presents for the kiddies, but mushrooms for the adults (especially near evergreen trees where the mushrooms grew). There is lots of stuff online, just google. I think it is pretty cool that people were taking a spiritual psychedelic right near the real start of the new year at the winter solstice.

From wiki here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

"Fly agarics appear on Christmas cards and New Year cards from around the world as a symbol of good luck." Hmmm.

Comment on Meg-a-Tron's post. Driving While 'Shrooming is NOT recommended.

Comment

I just want to say thanks for not being "cute" and introducing some recipe that uses mushrooms.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Many, many, many times, but not at all in several years. I think it can be a great experience for the right person.
              For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post

Comment on Meg-a-Tron's post. Driving While 'Shrooming is NOT recommended.
                It happened a year or two after the one time he tried them, not while he was doing them.
                Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

Lately I have been interested in trying something like that, just for kicks. I'm not looking for anything mystical or religious, just a different point of view for a couple hours.

Comment

Just because something is natural doesnt make it good for you. The hallucinations are your body's way of saying "THIS IS BAD FOR ME. PLS DO NOT EAT AGAIN"

If you are looking for a trip, take a vacation. Drugs are bad. mmmmk?
                    Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

I don't buy that. Dreams are hallucinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
                        Just because something is natural doesnt make it good for you. The hallucinations are your body's way of saying "THIS IS BAD FOR ME. PLS DO NOT EAT AGAIN"

If you are looking for a trip, take a vacation. Drugs are bad. mmmmk?
                        Hallucinations are not a bodily rejection, they are a chemical reaction to psilocybin interacting with the serotonin receptors in the brain.
                        For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by supersellen View Post
                          Hallucinations are not a bodily rejection, they are a chemical reaction to psilocybin interacting with the serotonin receptors in the brain.
                          interesting. I still dont see it as a good thing. Speaking primally...injesting something that puts you out of touch with reality is making you vulnerable to attack and injury.

Comment

If the human brain had evolved to be solely concerned with survival, we would not have any concept of art or play or "pointless" activity. Just because you're in a vulnerable situation doesn't mean you're going against your nature. In the wild, you're vulnerable when you're taking a dump or having sex. Or sleeping. Life knows that it's its own game and doesn't need to be taken seriously. Only sincerely.

Comment

Originally posted by Primalchild View Post
                              If the human brain had evolved to be solely concerned with survival, we would not have any concept of art or play or "pointless" activity. Just because you're in a vulnerable situation doesn't mean you're going against your nature. In the wild, you're vulnerable when you're taking a dump or having sex. Or sleeping. Life knows that it's its own game and doesn't need to be taken seriously. Only sincerely.
                              I guess thats one way of looking at it. I just have seen too many people fry their brain. I will never consider injesting drugs as healthy. IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X