How much meat...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much meat...

...do you eat daily? And what to eat if not Steak? I really need a lil bit of variety.

I had duck yesterday, bacon and egg today, lamb chops, venison, and chicken fillets the day before that...

Comment

Between a 1/2 pound and 3/4 pound a day -- on average.

Lots of fish. At least three times a week, sometimes daily.
      Plenty of clean pork (chops, bacon, shoulder, butt)
      A little chicken, bison, and lamb.

I have fresh rattlesnake in my fridge atm.

Comment

Just ate 8 oz of salmon for lunch and planning to have either chicken or ground beef (maybe make a primal chili?) tonight for dinner. Most likely another half pound.

Comment

3/4 lb on average. Frequently less but sometimes I gorge myself

Besides steak:
          ground hamburger, roast rabbit, braised beef heart, bacon, pot roast, roast chicken, canned salmon, canned calamari, sardines, fresh salmon, crab, muscles, sausages, liver, ox tails, and trout are all favorites of mine.

Comment

At least half a kg per day. It can be a lot more. This doesn't include eggs. I usually eat more lamb than beef (since its cheaper), goat, fish, chicken. I do eat some pork but I'm not a big fan.
            A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

1.5-2 pounds of meat per day, less if I skip dinner (IFing) and 0 on Wednesday/Friday (Church fasting). The staple meats are beef, pork, lamb and chicken. I do include other meats, such as Goat, Turkey, oxtails, etc, occasionally. Fish is also occasional. I also eat 5 eggs a day.
              Last edited by Zed; 08-01-2010, 03:30 AM.

Comment

I also do about 2 pounds a day. For dinners it is mostly steak and ground beef. I will throw in the occational pork chop, and piece of chicken. Lunch time I eat tuna and salmon alot on my salads. Not a fan of fish unless it is fried unfortunatly, and organ meats are flat out not my thing.
                "Live Free or Die"

Comment

You guys might be "wasting" your protein. Only so much can be manufactured by the body... I try to not to consume more than 16oz of meat a day. (1oz~7g of protein). I have about 90lbs or so of lean muscle mass.
                  On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

about 8-12oz of meat per day. I also get protein from cottage cheese, eggs, protein shakes, cheese, etc. Occasionally I'll have more meat and consequently have less non-meat sources of protein. I generally end up having had 80-100g protein per day.

Comment

I have ~10-16 oz. meats/day (not including eggs). Lots to choose from: bison, ostrich, beef, pork, poultry (duck, chicken, turkey, occasional cornish hen, quail, etc.), fishes and shellfish. Then there are organ meats like livers and gizzards. Mmmm.
                      312/149/150

Comment

mine varies like a lot... if i eat a REALLLY fatty piece of meat which ends up being mostly melted fat, the amount of 'meat' i get is like 4-5ounces...but if i eat something like a whole roasted chicken, then the amount of meat i eat is a lot more but less fat. so i would say mine varies from like 1lb to 1.5lbs a day at least
                        Get on my Level
                        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Some days I eat a LOT of meat like 1-1.5 lbs. Other days I maybe have 3 eggs. Just depends on how im feeling. If i start getting bad leg and foot cramps, its a sign to lay off the red meat (too much iron).
                          Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dannielle View Post
                            about 8-12oz of meat per day. I also get protein from cottage cheese, eggs, protein shakes, cheese, etc. Occasionally I'll have more meat and consequently have less non-meat sources of protein. I generally end up having had 80-100g protein per day.
                            This sounds like me, with the addition of fish and greek yogurt.
                            Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
                            Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
                            Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

around 1.5-2lbs on the days I eat steak (3-4 times/week), the other days it's usually a dozen eggs/day

Comment

Working...
                              X