pork as an inferior meat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pork as an inferior meat?

I absolutely love pork and eat it multiple times per week, but dishearteningly, sometimes I see on other websites and forums that a lot of people don't eat pork because they believe it is an inferior meat. Is it?

the romans were shamless pork eaters

I love pork too but I was under the impression its omega ratio wasnt all that great, and that beef was a much better choice in this regard. I also think beef just tastes better, but thats just me.

Comment

factory farmed pork is inferior, yes.
      pastured pork from a reliable source is VERY nutritious.
      PIG OUT;-)
      Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Their faces are an inferior meat.
        Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

I much prefer pork to any other meat, and would eat it every single day if I could. Pig out!
          Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
          Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
          Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
          Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

I have bacon with eggs but this really isn't that much. Otherwise I view pork as an occasional treat. Bison and wild fish seem much better. Prefer to eat the 'athletic' animals over the 'couch potatoes' at least most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
              I have bacon with eggs but this really isn't that much. Otherwise I view pork as an occasional treat. Bison and wild fish seem much better. Prefer to eat the 'athletic' animals over the 'couch potatoes' at least most of the time.
              obviously you have never been chased by wild boar. those things are fast as hell, and strong!!
              Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

I think pork is one of my favorites. Pork FAT is absolutely my favorite fat. Nothing like it.

Comment

Pork is so much more versatile than beef. And its fat is yummmy
                  Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Agreed! Wild boar is the 'crossfitting pig.' They are definitely in another category.

Comment

We eat pork (pork loin, pork chops, tenderloin, roasts and ground pork) as often as we eat beef. I think the bad wrap pork gets is totally unfounded. I've never found any scientific evidence to say that pork is "inferior" to other meats. Obviously grass fed blah blah blah is going to be superior, but that goes without saying!
                      The more I see the less I know for sure.
                      -John Lennon

Comment

i'm glad most of you have no problem with pork. i enjoy eating it much more than i do beef. homemade breakfast sausage patties, pulled pork, carnitas, pork chops with apples with cabbage, bacon...

Comment

Grain-fed pork has such a horrible omega 6:3 ratio. So in this sense, it is "inferior". Although one just have to buy grass fed or up the fish oil supplements. I eat pork regularly, and love pork fat! LOL!

On a side note, the only people I have meant that have such a negative view on Pork are certain religious groups, such as certain group of Christians (Seventh Day Adventists, etc). To most of them, eating Pork is a serious sin. .....
                          Last edited by Zed; 07-29-2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
                            obviously you have never been chased by wild boar. those things are fast as hell, and strong!!
                            Not only that, many people don't realise how dangerous pigs are. Everyone thinks they are slovenly and would be cuddly if they weren't so dirty.
                            A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

I love pork - the crackling on a roast is wonderful! And I am lucky; here in Sussex, UK, I can get free range, organic pork and also free range gluten-free organic pork sausages. They are delicious - got 3 for breakfast today!

I don't think it is inferior - but I do also love beef, free range organic lamb, chicken - meat is meat in my book!

Comment

Working...
                              X