Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if you decide to eat whatever you want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens if you decide to eat whatever you want?

Well I tried following a primal-type diet months ago, ended up going pretty much VLC, and I think that was too low for me. When I would touch carbs, even just an apple, I would get a huge rush and feel wired. The thing is that I need to have the freedom to sometimes eat what I want, if I'm out with friends. Some pizza, a few beers, etc.

So I'm wondering, for those of you who are more moderate in your carb intake rather than very low, are you able to have the occasional indulgence without any major issues (i.e. insulin coma, binges, etc.)? I want to make sure that if I try this again it is something that can be sustainable.

Thanks,
    B

I have the rare slice of pizza or burger with the bun. It always makes me feel pretty horrible, but occasionally I decide it is worth it. I just have to make sure that I am not eating something like that and then moving onto another activity, because the consequences arrive rather quickly - stomach pain, bloating, gas, and sometimes diarrhea. It definitely does not lead into a binge for me at all though.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

I don't really have any gluten (or dairy for that matter) intolerances, so when I do indulge in a load of carbs, I feel sluggish and tired but that's about it.
      "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

Comment

My own personal experience seems to be that I used to have the same reaction BEFORE going PB (i.e., rush, etc. upon eating an apple) but since that was my "normal" I didn't notice it. Now that I know what it feels like to feel good, when I get that reaction I have something (good) to compare it to, and the stark contrast makes me realize how awful I used to feel ALL THE TIME and how good I now feel ALL THE TIME. Supersellen's advice is good -- make your choice, knowing that you will be reminded of how you used to feel.

Comment

Personally, I no longer want to eat things like that. If I could eat whatever I wanted, I would want to eat exactly what Im eating right now, with probably a lot more nuts! Steak is pretty much more delicious than anythiing in the world, so its hard for pizza and bread to enter my mind at all. But a lot of people treat their 20% this way, so to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by primalpatty View Post
            My own personal experience seems to be that I used to have the same reaction BEFORE going PB (i.e., rush, etc. upon eating an apple) but since that was my "normal" I didn't notice it. Now that I know what it feels like to feel good, when I get that reaction I have something (good) to compare it to, and the stark contrast makes me realize how awful I used to feel ALL THE TIME and how good I now feel ALL THE TIME. Supersellen's advice is good -- make your choice, knowing that you will be reminded of how you used to feel.
            This.

Comment

I agree 100% with Imyers04. Fatty cuts of meat are pretty gratifying coupled with a nice colorful salad with some balsamic vinaigrette and extra virgin olive oil, yummy.

Having said that if at all one of those rare days I do feel like having a nice authentic slice of pizza or a small pastry i'll probably eat it and move on without making a fuss about it.

Comment

After eating bread I feel like someone is scraping my stomach with a knife (bad gluten intolerance) and if I drink beer I feel like throwing up the entire night (only after 1-2 beers) soooo its really not worth it anymore. I used to do it every once in awhile....but after too many sleepless nights, tight pants from bloatyness....it just isnt worth it anymore. To me, nothing is more delicious than grilled meat and a BAS filled with delicious fruits and veggies with a nice homemade balsalmic. The awesome thing is how amazing I feel afterwards. While all my friends carb crash, Im still bouncing off the walls and can keep my girlish figure.
                Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by lmyers04 View Post
                  Personally, I no longer want to eat things like that. If I could eat whatever I wanted, I would want to eat exactly what Im eating right now, with probably a lot more nuts! Steak is pretty much more delicious than anythiing in the world, so its hard for pizza and bread to enter my mind at all. But a lot of people treat their 20% this way, so to each their own.
                  Yup! Bread has no appeal now at all.

Comment

I get knocked the fuck out.

That's what.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                      I get knocked the fuck out.

That's what.
                      Gotta love Darth's unnecessary aggressive over the top sarcastic comments. He always brightens my mood XD

Comment

If I eat something with sucrose in it, I feel my heart beating faster than normal. If I eat (non-gluten) starch, I feel nothing except a degree of fullness in my stomach that I'm not used to anymore. I don't eat gluten due to intolerance.
                        I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Comment

Nothing happens really. I might feel overly full, but I don't get sick or feel awful.

I've done it more than a few times......

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

The only indulgence in which I partake more than once in a blue moon is beer, and like Athena, sometimes just two will have me feeling sick for a good long while afterwards. Especially the wheatier varieties, which I find almost undrinkable a lot of the time (which makes sense)... Kind of sucks, since I used to enjoy beer quite a bit. Still do, just much more picky about it now.
                            Check out my blog here.

Comment

As long as I'm not eating allergens (gluten and dairy), cheats don't really do much to me unless I overdo it. If I overdo it on sugar, I will have bad sugar cravings for the next 3-4 days, and I have to really force myself off the substance. If I have potatoes too many days in a row, my butt will get bigger. Same goes for eggs, come to think of it. I miss eggs.

Yesterday I had my first gluten reaction in a long time (accidental ingestion of wheat) and it was not pleasant. Actually, it is STILL not pleasant.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
                              5'10" female, 38 y/o
                              Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
                              WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
                              DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
                              EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

Working...
                              X