Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was craving a banana 90 mins after dinner...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Was craving a banana 90 mins after dinner...

    which was after a solid workout of some heavy lifting. I had a good dinner of sauteed zucchinis (with butter of course) and 2 small pork rib pork chops (yielding net 52g protein per fitday; total day protein 73g). The craving was associated with some hypoglycemic symptoms (difficulty concentration, mild light-headed). Had eaten about 125g fat and 50g carb (gross).

    I decided that maybe my body was telling me I needed some more carbs and ate a small sweet potato (25g carb). After the 3rd bite, developed a mild headache that I don't mind.

    So my question, did I make the right choice? I had thought about eating more fat, but that just wasn't appealing. I felt full immediately after dinner, but should I have made myself eat more protein? I find this often happens about 60-90 mins after dinner. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

  • #2
    don't over analyze and just eat the banana? I would have eaten the banana over the sweet potato...but that's just me

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks! I think I just needed the reassurance after I got the headache. Only had sweet potatoes lying around, no bananas, but it took away the craving!

      Comment


      • #4
        How long have you been primal? I certainly used to have a craving for something sweet quite often after a meal. I have it rarely now, after about 6 months. If I do, a few dark-chocolate covered cacao nibs or half a banana or some berries and cream will satisfy it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Carb addiction. You need to go through a carb flu and then stay under thirty grams or so to eliminate these.

          Comment


          • #6
            I almost always have a fruit craving after I eat a high fat meal, maybe my stomach needs fruit to help digest or something.. Or maybe it's just a sugar craving idk...

            Comment


            • #7
              There are NO essential carbs, no essential fruits, tubers etc. freddie, what you experience is called sugar addiction
              Digestions doesnt happen in the stomach! And no fruits will ever help any digestion. Unlearn!

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for your replies. I've been primal for a while, normally carbs 30-50g, but just came back from vacation where I indulged in a number of non-primal foods, so maybe it's mild carb-flu. I was debating that there are no essential carbs and maybe should eat some protein, but decided to listen to my body's craving as indication that it wanted some carbs (post-workout) and eating some would save it the effort of converting it from protein. Or maybe I'm low on K+ and Mg2+, as I ran out about 5 days ago. I'll make sure to eat more protein today and see what happens.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MichaelA View Post
                  There are NO essential carbs, no essential fruits, tubers etc. freddie, what you experience is called sugar addiction
                  Digestions doesnt happen in the stomach! And no fruits will ever help any digestion. Unlearn!
                  Not true.

                  Did you miss this?

                  "solid workout of some heavy lifting"

                  You need carbs for that.

                  I'm tired of the carbophobia in this forum.

                  Oh, and unless you are 73 pounds, you are not eating enough protein. That, plus low carb, is a sure way to waste away all your muscles.
                  .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                  ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                    Not true.

                    Did you miss this?

                    "solid workout of some heavy lifting"

                    You need carbs for that.

                    I'm tired of the carbophobia in this forum.

                    Oh, and unless you are 73 pounds, you are not eating enough protein. That, plus low carb, is a sure way to waste away all your muscles.
                    +1 I was stuck scale wise for MONTHS eating below 50 g of carbs (35 or less most days) once I up'd my carbs on my workout days, I started losing again. Carbophobia misinformation is definitely rampant on this forum.
                    The more I see the less I know for sure.
                    -John Lennon

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
                      +1 I was stuck scale wise for MONTHS eating below 50 g of carbs (35 or less most days) once I up'd my carbs on my workout days, I started losing again. Carbophobia misinformation is definitely rampant on this forum.
                      YES it is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar; sometimes wanting a banana is just wanting a banana.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Man! I seriously don't understand why some people on this board have so much animosity towards fruits, if you feel like it, eat it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            CW Rules!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MichaelA View Post
                              There are NO essential carbs, no essential fruits, tubers etc. freddie, what you experience is called sugar addiction
                              Digestions doesnt happen in the stomach! And no fruits will ever help any digestion. Unlearn!
                              Who you callin freddie? x)
                              Lol you're right it's probably a sugar craving...sugar is a freaking drug man

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X