Binging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binging

Does anyone else have a problem with binging?
    Like eating an ENTIRE CAN OF COCONUT MILK. after a big meal. for no reason. like me?
    I can't believe I just did that. And I had berries and several handfuls of almonds as well. So full my stomach was hurting. Am I the only one with this problem?

I actually don't think there's anything wrong with the occasional, paleo (especially gluten-free) binge. I "binge" once in a while (maybe monthly?) on almond butter mixed with raisins and dark chocolate.

As long as you don't do it often, it's probably fine -- some would even say beneficial for combating leptin resistence.

And the stomach-burning effect will probably keep you from doing it again too soon, right?
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Last night I ate 1/2 a bag of pistachios, a second slice of primal carrotcake(1st @ dinner for dessert), & than 1/2 a bag of almonds. I wasnt even hungry before. I finally had to go to bed to stop...So yes, you are far from alone. IFing today, its easy when you feel guilty..yeah yeah I know dont feel guilty blah blah.
      "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Originally posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
        I "binge" once in a while (maybe monthly?)
        Ditto on the monthly (or so) primal binge. This is the one time that I consume dairy again (aside from the occasional hard cheese). I go to town on Kefir, primal cheesecake, and dark chocolate. It's one of my small pleasures in life and it keeps me honest the rest of the time. Not to mention, I'm an absolute ANIMAL in the gym the day after!

Comment

If you want to try and stop yourself bingeing one thing is to brush your teeth after a meal. Nothing tastes right after the minty freshness

Comment

That was always my mothers "trick". Can you say Breyers mint chocolate chip?
            "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

I often feel like my stomach is a bottomless pit. Takes a lot to get me full and sometimes I'll binge eat, even if it's primal foods.

Comment

I had a day like that yesterday, I wasn't exactly hungry but I wanted to eat. I also only got 5 hours sleep, so I think it was body reacting to that. Its pretty common actually, not enough sleep=binging.
                Calm the f**k down.

Comment

I binged the other night on broccoli in a cheese/cream sauce.... sooo good! Just couldn't get enough, but oh the PAIN after!!!!
                  Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  Re-Start date 6/23/2011
                  me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
                  273.4/269.3/115
                  Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

Peaches and blueberries are in season here right now. Need I say more?

Comment

I pigged out on full fat cream fruities today...

Comment

so whats a "full fat cream fruitie"?& how many gallons did you consume?
                        "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

+1 I lived 40 years of my life as a compulsive overeater......with 13 or so as a bulimic as well.....and a couple of years with anorexia.

A few things came together to change things for me.

1)I was diagnosed with ADHD (an absolutely accurate diagnosis for me) which led to medication which led to having a 'normal' appetite for the first time in my life. I was always previously obsessed with food. Without going into details, it dominated my life. Meds allow me to experience what is probably more neurotypically common: I get hungry, I eat. I'm not hungry, I don't eat. If I'm hungry and there is no food around, no big deal...I can wait. These are totally new things for me. However, even with the meds, while I coudn't eat a lot, i could still way overeat cals from sugar/carbs/fat.....so my weight fluctuated but overall stayed high.

2)I stopped eating sugar and grain during the last week of April. I took about a month (and some setbacks) for my food cravings to come under control.....but that was with the meds. Witthout the meds it's still iffy.

3)I started working out again. I was very fit in my 20s but I quit working out when I was pregnant with number 1. Gawd that is the worst time ever to quit working out and being active. *rolls eyes*. Anyway, working out gave me something else to do when I was feeling bingey/snacky. And it is again now. If I've had my meds, and I've eaten plenty and I still feel snacky, I go for a walk. I don't give in. Some can do that but if I do that and I don't have my meds, I can *easily* start eating 3,000-5,000 cals per day. Easily. Or once upon a time could have....I don't know that I would now.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by Chairdr View Post
                            so whats a "full fat cream fruitie"?& how many gallons did you consume?
                            Take full fat cream, loads of diced fruit, mix together in a blender. Had about a liter today

Comment

i think I would whip it, & dip it. i like coconut milk in the blender smothie
                              "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Working...
                              X