Sausage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sausage?

What kind of sausage is everyone out there eating?

For those in CT this is the best italian sausage and it's local. They only sell within the state. It's not pastured but there's no crap or preservatives in it... I can't afford pastured pork but I have tried some local pastured sausage and it was also very good.

http://www.longhinisausage.com/index.html

For breakfast sausage I always buy Jones (in the freezer section) Same good quality ingredients but not local, they sell everywhere I believe. I'm going to try making my own though, I've been inspired by the sausage thread in recipes.

Comment

HEB variety Italian sausage (the crap in there is sugar), and a local German sausage variety.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

I make my own breakfast sausage, and rarely use some nice spicy italian sausage made in house at the local german deli. Mmmmm sausage... They have so many different kinds, I'd love to try all of the ones that don't have gluten, as they don't add any weird ing.
        The more I see the less I know for sure.
        -John Lennon

Comment

Applegate Farms chicken maple sausage for me! :]

There's also an Italian variety of chicken sausage from Organic Prairie that I'd like to try.

Comment

Applegate Farms makes the best hot dogs too! The Natural Grocers near me has had the Organic Grass Fed ones on sale this week for 3.99.

Comment

Pastured breakfast sausage, smoked links, and brats.
              For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

The best sausage I've found for me is called Aidell's Andoiulle. I've been eating it by the pound instead of bacon this week and I literally can't find anything wrong with this sausage. I pray none of you reply with something that tells me otherwise!

Comment

Greek sausage (lamb base) made at my local butchers. It has lamb, salt, pepper, orange peel, and a couple of spices. Total perfection.
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

i make my own. i have a spice recipe and will regularly pick up some ground turkey, lamb, or pork. its really, really easy to make your own!
                    sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

I would love to hear how you make your own, Batty! (Obviously I could google for recipes, but first-hand from a fellow primal is even better. I know next to nothing about spices...)

I haven't been buying sausage at all lately because my local stores don't have anything decent except for that chicken sausage, which I'm not a big fan of.

Comment

i use this recipe:

http://cavemanfood.blogspot.com/2009...t-sausage.html

and i'll usually double or triple it, then freeze a couple pounds. i think the most time consuming part is just mixing the spices together. just be sure to knead it really well, you know when you've fully mixed it when the egg is absorbed and the mixture doesn't feel slimy. it's a really tasty recipe and i am quite happy with it!
                        sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                          The best sausage I've found for me is called Aidell's Andoiulle. I've been eating it by the pound instead of bacon this week and I literally can't find anything wrong with this sausage. I pray none of you reply with something that tells me otherwise!
                          Andouille are just offal. Nothing wrong with them
                          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by batty View Post
                            i use this recipe:

http://cavemanfood.blogspot.com/2009...t-sausage.html

and i'll usually double or triple it, then freeze a couple pounds. i think the most time consuming part is just mixing the spices together. just be sure to knead it really well, you know when you've fully mixed it when the egg is absorbed and the mixture doesn't feel slimy. it's a really tasty recipe and i am quite happy with it!
                            That looks great, thanks! I have a kitchenaid mixer so I figure I can mix it together using that. Despite loving to EAT meat, I still hate to touch the raw stuff LOL.

Comment

A lot of the sausage at our local grocers have MSG, sugar, and other stuff in it. It's hard to find any that's just meat and spices. You gotta read that label!

Comment

Working...
                              X