Sprints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprints

Just went outside to let the dog poop and the grass looked so soft and I was barefoot, so I spontaneously did 5 sprints around the yard. Felt great! You guys must be getting to me (No I didn't step in anything )

I can't find my book right now so in a very lazy way, I decided to ask, about how many sprints are good to do or are you doing? tia

Originally posted by Roberta View Post
    Just went outside to let the dog poop and the grass looked so soft and I was barefoot, so I spontaneously did 5 sprints around the yard. Felt great! You guys must be getting to me (No I didn't step in anything )

I can't find my book right now so in a very lazy way, I decided to ask, about how many sprints are good to do or are you doing? tia
    I mostly do tabata.....5 min warm up, 20 second sprint/10 second rest x8, 5 min cool down.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Thanks. That sounds like a good plan. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

I do fatman bassackwards Tabatas because it's about the only way I can handle 8 runs. 10 second sprint, 20 second rest x8. Doable.

I did them today in the middle of a five mile hike and I run on an incline. I am completely whipped at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Grol View Post
          I do fatman bassackwards Tabatas because it's about the only way I can handle 8 runs. 10 second sprint, 20 second rest x8. Doable.

I did them today in the middle of a five mile hike and I run on an incline. I am completely whipped at the moment.
          Pfew, that sounds tough to do in the middle of a hike. I think I will have to experiment with Tabatas.

Comment

I now do sprints twice a week... Tuesday and Thursday. I sprint for 120 meters, walk for 60 meters x4. I am dead afterwards. I warm up for about 3-5 minutes and cool down the same too. I end with a grok squat stretch and the grok hang.

For the 120 meters... I go about 30 meters and then touch the ground, turn around and go the other way. Sprinting backwards and skipping is fun too! You can also do swim sprints, bike sprints, tennis sprints...
            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Oh I wish I had access to a pool. I love to swim. Bike sprinting sounds fun too. The weather is cooling a bit so maybe I will get my bike out next week and give it a try. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberta View Post
                Oh I wish I had access to a pool. I love to swim. Bike sprinting sounds fun too. The weather is cooling a bit so maybe I will get my bike out next week and give it a try. Thanks for the idea.
                I wish I had access to a pool and/or lake or ocean too, lol. I don't swim but I know that would be a great workout! Next time I am in a pool I am going to swim as fast as possible for about a mintue with a short rest and then do it again until I die, lol.
                Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I still have yet to try sprinting into the local lake from the beach sand and doing a swin sprint. Thinking about this idea, I may want to wait until there is someone around so they can pull me to safety.
                  I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I just insert sprints spotaneously into walks and runs. I love pounding out the last 3 or 4 hundreds meters after a 5k as fast as possible.

I usually sprint upstairs whenever I can, or any incline during a jog.

Comment

I've been doing my reserve training on a Navy base where they have a field turf football field. So nice, much better than grass. Start off easy with a few 40 or 50 yard sprints. Finish it off with a 100 yarder.

Comment

Mrs Localad and I try to get a weekly walk together, about 1 hr. Towards the end she sprints ahead about 50 meters then I try to catch her which gets us together at about 100 meters. Trouble is every time we have done this since we started in April she's getting faster and faster! Its a good adrenalin boost for both of us, as I have my 'target' in sight and she gets faster the nearer she hears me pounding towards her!

We do this 'caveman-cavegirl chase' about 5-6 times at the end of our walk, finally getting home full of laughter and very sweaty!
                        activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Comment

Originally posted by localad View Post
                          Mrs Localad and I try to get a weekly walk together, about 1 hr. Towards the end she sprints ahead about 50 meters then I try to catch her which gets us together at about 100 meters. Trouble is every time we have done this since we started in April she's getting faster and faster! Its a good adrenalin boost for both of us, as I have my 'target' in sight and she gets faster the nearer she hears me pounding towards her!

We do this 'caveman-cavegirl chase' about 5-6 times at the end of our walk, finally getting home full of laughter and very sweaty!
                          That sounds like fun!

Any basketballers out there remember running suicides, lines, winds sprints whatever you want to call them? There's a lot of empty outdoor bball courts in most urban areas. Start at one end of the court, explode to the freethrow line, touch it, cut 180 and explode back to the starting point (inbound line), touch it, cut 180 and go to half court, cut back to the starting point, then to the free throw line on the other side, back again, then the length of the court and back. I did a couple of these after a walk and they brought back great memories. I have a feeling they will be the major part of my sprinting efforts going forward. All the cutting, exploding from turn, stopping, touching etc., has to be beneficial.

Comment

I was thinking of running soccer field suicides. I may ease into it and utilize half the field instead of the whole shabang at once
                            I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

sprints are something that I too often forget to do :/

however, the man and I go for a run together on saturday mornings, its part of our weekend ritual, and we usually end up racing each other at the end. its about 100 meters of sprinting. I usually win

there are empty soccer fields by my apartment.....I should utilize them more often.

Comment

Working...
                              X