No announcement yet.

How did you kick the caffeine habit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did a coffee thread turn into a sex thread? oh wait, it was my fault.

Comment

lol, and mine! I was just curious >_<
      "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Originally posted by lmyers04 View Post
        how did a coffee thread turn into a sex thread? oh wait, it was my fault.
        It was bound to at some point... everyone on here is so healthy haha

Comment

yep yep
          "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

done
            Last edited by cabeman; 09-12-2010, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LemonFreshScent View Post
              Does anyone have any tips/tricks for kicking the habit?

Thanks!
              Haven't read the rest of the thread, but wanted to share. I was a teacher when I quit. I was a diet coke addict--3-4 a day, and I got headaches like clockwork if I didn't get my *fix*.

I waited until it was summer vacation, when summer school was done (I had 2 weeks off b/4 school started again) and quit then. I highly recommend doing it at a time when you haven't got a ton of important things to do, esp mentally. The headaches and brain fog were awful, but it took just a week for me to feel normal again. (And the closest thing I have ever felt to going through caffeine withdrawl was gluten withdrawl! Very similar for me! All this stuff is totally addictive!!)

No tips, other than do it cold turkey, and try to do it when you don't need to be at your best, in a less stressful point of time for you so you won't be tempted to go back to it. (This is hard to find if you don't get regular vacations, but good luck!!!) I also just made the decisiont that I was NOT going to drink it again, and stuck to it. Willpower was huge w/ this... And I have not been tempted since! I avoid coffee and pop (of course) as well as caffeine teas. (Dark chocolate is still a regular in my life, but has never impacted me the way diet coke did--no headaches, etc...)

Good luck figuring out a way to do it that works for you!
              My Before/After Pics
              Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Originally posted by cabeman View Post
                Well, this thread has gone just about everywhere, so here is another thing to take up someone's time:

There are many very intelligent ( I almost typed 'otherwise very intelligent' ) people who claim that a coffee enema every AM is the way to go to keep the body clean and pure, eliminate toxins, control cholesterol, maintain healthy cardio-vascular systems, etc. --actually I think the only thing it isn't supposed to do is let you see God. Maybe I am the un-wise one. After all they all published books and get interviews on "The View", Oprah, and other cool TV shows.

If you go this route I would suggest letting the coffee cool a bit.
                holy shit!

Comment

I love my coffee! it is practically plasma in our family.... dad will drink about 2 pots a day 1/2 n 1/2 reg to decaf. My great aunt was able to drink it straight out of the pot, steaming hot. I probably have 4 cups a day, and I do the 1/2 n 1/2 with heavy cream, no sugar. dh is a trucker, so well, you know his coffee intake! lol!!

I use really good qualtiy free trade coffee and for me, the ritual is all about grinding my beans fresh, brewing that pot and enjoying it as I go thru my day. I don't drink coffee after 10 am, and since I am up at between 4 and 5, I have a good 6 hours to space that coffee over. It is a big thing when dh is home to have our coffee together, sometimes he brings me coffee in bed, and it is even so much better then. I am with the PP, I have given up all junk and grains, and I just need one 'bad' thing left. True, I also don't drink coffee every day either. And some days, I prefer chai or herbal tea, and others, nothing at all.

I am self employed, and having that first cup of coffee to me, says time to punch that clock and get to work!
                  Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  Re-Start date 6/23/2011
                  me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
                  273.4/269.3/115
                  Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

Originally posted by cabeman View Post
                    Well, this thread has gone just about everywhere, so here is another thing to take up someone's time:

There are many very intelligent ( I almost typed 'otherwise very intelligent' ) people who claim that a coffee enema every AM is the way to go to keep the body clean and pure...
                    This might be a metaphor... without verging into TMI land, I certainly find drinking a nice iced coffee on a hot weekend morning gets things "moving" pretty well and pretty soon. That, and the fact that I have a crush on the barista near where I work (I figure I will screw up the courage to get her number/somehow find a way to see her outside of her coffeeshop by my last day there in 2 weeks) is a large part of why I enjoy coffee so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mdlaw View Post
                      This might be a metaphor... without verging into TMI land, I certainly find drinking a nice iced coffee on a hot weekend morning gets things "moving" pretty well and pretty soon. That, and the fact that I have a crush on the barista near where I work (I figure I will screw up the courage to get her number/somehow find a way to see her outside of her coffeeshop by my last day there in 2 weeks) is a large part of why I enjoy coffee so much.
                      do the will ferrel coffee experience from that movie "kicking and screaming"

Comment

Used to start my day with a cup of coffee and a cigarette ( Gitane ). After quitting smoking didn't have any inclination to continue with coffee either. These days it's either black/white or green tea with a slice of lemon. Get's the job done perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                        X