Guacamole?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guacamole?

What are all of you fellow PBers eating with Guacamole? It used to be chips for me, nut now I made an awesome guac that I am about to eat with a spoon!!!! It just doesn't seem right....

Make it seem right! I personally add AVOCADO to anything... ANYTHING!! Avocados have become my favorite food, literally. I refer to them as the perfect food. They taste amazing yet have 0 g of sugar, are a complete protein, contain lots of monounsaturated fat, are low in 06, and are FULL of vitamins and minerals! I am actually doing a post on them on Thursday!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Pork rinds.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

It goes well in an omelette (just don't cook it in butter, BARF), or mixed with tuna in place of mayo
        “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Awesome, I can definitely just pit one and eat it at anytime but a friend of mine brought me a HUGE one back from his brothers garden and I decided to make a Guacamole out of it and then realized...NO CHIPS!!!! Lol, so trying to think of some ideas to put it on....Very interested in your post, where will it be?
          Last edited by Stevoreo; 07-20-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I find that if I leave the seed in the guacamole, it lasts much longer. Lime helps too with preserving it.
            My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
              mixed with tuna in place of mayo
              ooohhh..I've never thought of that...I may try that right now actually.
              The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

I am going to have to attempt the "cucumber chips", great idea.....

Comment

Chicken tenders, carrots and celery usually work well, but for some reason bacon is always a good default to fall back on when you can't think of anything else.
                  “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
                  —Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I always use carrots

Comment

Bacon is actually very tasty with guacamole, but I can't seem to get it "chippy" enough without it being too overdone.

I default to pork rinds, as a previous poster mentioned, and also any crudites except broccoli (I think it's a little weird).

The guacamole bacon burger (with provolone or mozzarella) is perhaps the finest burger on earth, btw.

Comment

try baking your bacon in the oven. Less messy and you can get it pretty crispy without burning...

Comment

Hunks of steak drizzled in lime go pretty well with guac, in my experience! No, it's not self indulgent, it's what's healthy. hahhahahahah!
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

My favorite is to use it as a dip for broccoli trees. Also did you know that if you put the pit in the bottom of the bowl under the Guacamole it will keep it from turning brown. It's a well known Canadian secret.

Vicki

Comment

I usually eat it with a spoon. It is especially good that way mixed with chopped lettuce. I also use pork rinds and all manner of veggies, cucumber, celery, carrots, and it goes great with chicken and steak too. I have recently been thinking of stuffing it inside green chili. Haven't tried that yet but I bet it will be really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X