Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PB Nutrition and Bodyfat: How low can you go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB Nutrition and Bodyfat: How low can you go?

Hi all, I have a question that I've often considered but never found an answer to. If body composition is, as Mark and others have said, 80% nutrition and 20% exercise, how low could a person get their bodyfat percentage following PB nutrition alone?

Thanks in advance,
    DiscoStew

Not sure if there is a good answer. The problem is if you didn't workout, you'd just look skinny... who wants that?

Comment

Yea, you definitely need to exercise... doing nothing will not make your stronger at all...
      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I weight train 4 days a week......single digit bodyfat is my goal......currently about 15%.....

Comment

I got to 11% with ease... sort of like it right about here so not trying to lower it any further.

Comment

I started out somewhere around 15%; my caliper tells me I'm at 8.3%, but I think I'm closer to 10%. However, I've been slacking off quite a bit lately, so I think with a little determination I could easily get down to 6% eating and exercisising Primally.

Comment

How did you all figure out your body fat? Apparently I can go to my local Y and pay $15... does that seem reasonable?

Comment

You can probably buy a cheap pair of calipers for 15$, a very rough eastimate though would be a clear six pack devlops in most men at and under 10%.

Comment

Originally posted by wyldeslash View Post
                  You can probably buy a cheap pair of calipers for 15$, a very rough eastimate though would be a clear six pack devlops in most men at and under 10%.
                  Well, if I can buy something for the same price that would enable me to check it as much as I want then that would be the way to go... Of course the thing I would be doing would be more than body fat percentage.. not sure what.

I almost have a clear six pack... I would estimate I am at 15%, maybe a percentage point less. I literally believe that I have gained more muscle in the past 3 months (every since I went primal) then in the previous 3 years combined. I am very serious - its ridiculous really. Oh, and I did go to the gym... I was just stupid and did not really know what I was doing. I did single movement exercises for lifting heavy things!

Comment

Female and stuck at 20-21%. SO MADDENING.

Comment

Originally posted by fragileknees View Post
                      Female and stuck at 20-21%. SO MADDENING.
                      That is a fine range for women...there is a reason we stop getting our periods when we dip below 19% or so.
                      For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by supersellen View Post
                        That is a fine range for women...there is a reason we stop getting our periods when we dip below 19% or so.
                        ferreal? thats a neat trick.
                        Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
                        Current Weight: 266lbs
                        High-school Weight: 235lbs
                        Goal: ????

Comment

Originally posted by supersellen View Post
                          +1
                          Get on my Level
                          http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I would be very happy to be at 21% BF....
                            I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Comment

I'm higher than that right now but even with phenominal nutrition, CR and weights it's hard for me to get below 19%.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Working...
                              X