Breakfest Ideas???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfest Ideas???

So besides eggs and bacon (im ready for a little variety) .....and I just can't seem to stomach leftover steak/chicken/fish....YET....

Anyone have any good protein packed breakfest ideas?

THX!

Sausage.

Comment

I really love Omelet muffins or clafouti

Either one can be tweaked to meat your tastes... made ahead of time in bulk (read: on your day off/weekend) and can each can be changed to fit what you are looking for...

The Muffins reheat really well.

I make up a batch and leave them in the work fridge for breakfast everyday... it works awesome!
      sigpic

Comment

How about an IF? Less to worry about in the morning
        --
        Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

Originally posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
          This is what I do it's so much easier, not that I'm lazy or anything hehehe....

Comment

Originally posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
            I tend to do this too on weeks when I was too lazy to make breakfast for the week on Sunday... :-)
            sigpic

Comment

Coconut pancakes. They are really mostly eggs and butter, but don't seem like eggs. I slather mine with warm blueberries, so this is a once in a while treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatkid View Post
                I tend to do this too on weeks when I was too lazy to make breakfast for the week on Sunday... :-)
                Nothing says good morning like a freshly brewed cup of coffee with some cinnamon sprinkled over it. It is my favorite way to wake up!
                --
                Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

A couple cups of coffee, apply heavy cream liberally.
                  Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
                  ~Borges

Comment

full fat yogurt (Fage Total) or kefir with a cup of berries. Add whey powder if you want more protein and filling power, or a big glop of coconut milk to get really PB about things. Keep frozen berries around then just whack em in the microwave quick.
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

I have 2 T of coconut oil and a glass of Raw milk for breakfast most days cuz I got tired of eggs. Sometimes I have a couple pieces of bacon with that also. Quick and nothing fancy.

Comment

Blob of yogurt, handful of frozen berries, chopped nuts. It's not cereal, but it seems to fulfill the same "mouth feel" and other intangibles. Same with berries, nuts, and a touch of heavy cream. Half an apple and cheese is okay; half an apple and almond butter; same with a quarter of a large pear; cottage cheese and cinnamon, or ricotta and cinnamon, either with a few berries, is okay too.

Coconut pancakes taste like weird coconut-omelet-y things to me, but others seem to find them very satisfying; perhaps I just don't have the right touch with them.

I still miss some of the grain options, and though I might indulge at other times of the day I generally don't do so at breakfast due to other dietary/health concerns you may not share. Otherwise I'd find a way to have a bit of oatmeal once a week or a couple times a month. (One tablespoon of Irish oats, a tablespoon of ground flax seed, a tablespoon of coconut, and a tablespoon of chopped nuts or ground almonds, cooked like oatmeal in water and finished with a splash heavy cream and a couple of blueberries or butter and a drop of honey, was the closest I could come to cereal and still keep my blood sugar from going through the roof in the morning; in the end, this was too much of a compromise in taste for too much of a sacrifice in safe sugar levels for me to bother with it. Maybe if you're feeling like bailing on the PB this would be a stop-gap morning indulgence once in a while.)

Once in a blue moon I'll have a slice of Ezekiel bread with my eggs or with butter and cheese or with almond butter; it takes the edge off the longing for toast, and I usually forget about it after that for a couple of weeks. The loaf I have right now is freezer-burned and mostly whole, and I'll probably pitch it before I have more than a slice from it, but I find it comforting to have it sitting in there.

You figure out how to eat in the morning without having to resort to eggseggseggseggseggs every damn day, and you get to like eggs a little more--but breakfast is still sort of a bummer for me sometimes. Those days, I sprinkle a little cinnamon or cocoa or both in the coffee and have heavy cream rather than half and half, and it's all good.

Comment

sometimes I have a whey protein shake with coconut cream and water. But I dont find it satisfying as having real food. My go to breakfast is always eggs, scrambled, fried or in an omelette. I think I'm boring.

Comment

Crustless quiche (maybe the night before, and microwaved for 2min in the morning) with cottage cheese and a handful of berries - yum!

Comment

I like to keep a batch of taco turkey meat ready in the fridge all the time. In addition to fast and easy taco salads always on hand, I LOVE mixing it with my eggs with salsa, chopped veggies and cheese for breakfast. Delish!
                              "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

Comment

Working...
                              X