No announcement yet.

Daily protein amount for male 'Groks'!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily protein amount for male 'Groks'!

I'm struggling with the search function (PC keeps timing out) so apologies if this has been asked!

I'm wondering how much protein to eat daily.

I train Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays with compound heavy lifts and a conditioning routine. Sometimes I train more often.

Am I right in thinking that we top-up our muscle glucose from protein rather than carbohydrates?

I assume that fat makes up the rest of the calories, apart from what carbohydrates I eat from veggies and occasional berries and sweet potato after training. (I might stop this.)

I'm 6ft/182cm tall and about 12 stone/78kg.

I've read that if you are looking to add muscle and are relatively lean to start with - try to hit about 1 gram of protein for lb of body weight.

Not sure about where your muscles are getting their glucose - but carbing up once in a while isn't a bad idea.

Comment

I consume around 100 grams of protein a day on average... I eat more protein on my 3 lifting heavy things day and less on other days.

I weigh about 135 lbs. am 5'9" and have no idea what my body fat percentage is but my guess is around 15%
      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Dosenberry, your protein amount sounds reasonable - did you calculate that figure, or just work out it was best for you?

Comment

Working...
        X