No announcement yet.

Can you overdo it on Coconut milk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coconut in general can be overdone. milk/water/flesh can cause severe cramping via dehydration. talk to any islander or survivalist. coconut is a food additive not something to base your diet arround. it is akin to drinking salt water. yes.... laxative to the max

Comment

Originally posted by kmac View Post
      coconut in general can be overdone. milk/water/flesh can cause severe cramping via dehydration. talk to any islander or survivalist. coconut is a food additive not something to base your diet arround. it is akin to drinking salt water. yes.... laxative to the max
      wow i totally never put the dethydrationand coconut together... i 'indulge' in QUITE A BIT(like 1/2 cup lol i had to stop purchasing it) of coconut butter and i am ungodly thirsty all night and my belly is SOOO loud
      Get on my Level
      http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I don't notice a laxative effect. In fact, some days I just crack a can like an old-fashioned beer and have it as an "energy drink" (I get the stuff that doesn't separate in the can, or I shake it)

I stay away from the powder. Silicon dioxide!

Comment

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I use a moderate amount of coconut products, but every day - milk in my coffee, anything I cook gets the oil, etc. I only have laxative problems if I have too much coconut oil after not having any for a while.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
          5'10" female, 38 y/o
          Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
          WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
          DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
          EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
            I strongly believe you had too much and possibly drank it too quickly? The problem (well, sort of a problem) is that it is a liquid, is delicious, is pure fat and is great with anything.

Therefore it is very easy to eat too much in one sitting. I strongly believe that too much of one fat in one sitting and eating it too fast will give you problems.

Lets think about Grok... He did not have coconut in abundance. They only grow in certain areas (right?). But, when they did find them they had to eat the meat. They were not able to guzzle down the meat in just a few minutes or less. They had to work for the coconut meat and I am sure they enjoyed it over a long period of time.

I had some coconut pancakes this morning from the primal blueprint cookbook. I am starting to dislike this recipe because it simply has way too much coconut. A lot of coconut flour, milk and oil. Eating half a batch is waaaaaay too much saturated fat at one time. Coconut is unique in a healthy way but downing a lot in one sitting in a short period of time is just too much. At least that is what my body tells me
            Agreed- I find coconut milk, oil or butter all quite strong and can only have a little bit at a time. Grok probably didn't down a whole can of coconut milk in one sitting. He probably had to climb a big tree and find a ripe one and then work really hard to break the shell to get the meat.
            sigpic
            www.pantrybites.com
            Real Good Primal Food

Comment

Working...
            X