Not eating enough carbs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chefgerry View Post
    Alan Aragon talked about this a few years ago...I'll see if I can dig them up for you. Your singing to the choir
    about saturated fat, but thanks for the link.
    Yeah but in the link it states "Not only that, but the researchers found that drinking full-cream milk and eating other full-fat dairy products also reduced the risk factors for the metabolic syndrome — a collection of conditions which includes obesity and diabetes."

How is it that eating foods that are supposedly more insulinogenic REDUCES the risk factors for obesity and diabetes when insulin is a fat storage hormone and is involves in diabetes?

Comment

The first link has to do with type II diabetics.

Anyway, I asked for a link having to do with the claim that full-fat milk is more insulinogenic than fat-free milk. Got one?

Comment

Originally posted by Roach View Post
        The first link has to do with type II diabetics.

Anyway, I asked for a link having to do with the claim that full-fat milk is more insulinogenic than fat-free milk. Got one?
        Not right now....you win. You read studies very fast, kudo's.
        Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

Not right now....you win. You read studies very fast, kudo's.
          Whew! I was totally concerned with winning. I didn't even know we were having any sort of contest.

I'm just curious because I currently drink full-fat raw milk, don't shy away from cream or half and half, and enjoy butter. If this stuff is highly insulinogenic then insulin doesn't cause my body to store fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Roach View Post
            Whew! I was totally concerned with winning. I didn't even know we were having any sort of contest.

I'm just curious because I currently drink full-fat raw milk, don't shy away from cream or half and half, and enjoy butter. If this stuff is highly insulinogenic then insulin doesn't cause my body to store fat.
            Your right, insulin alone doesn't cause fat storage. I can't get raw milk where I am, but I do consume full fat organic goat milk and organic butter every single day and lots of it.
            Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

insulin alone doesn't cause fat storage
              Originally posted by Chefgerry
              insulin is a fat storage hormone
              I don't understand.

Comment

Cheese will raise GI as does butter and other dairy products........Whole milk is more insulinogenic that fat free, weird but true. Protein also raises insulin quite a bit, especially fish, so if you happen to believe in the relevance of the GI you might want to rethink the dairy on the potato. Gastric emptying has nothing/very little to do with the initial insulin response of a food a person eats, just that it takes longer to digest. just saying
                *psst! Not really lol! But I would prefer the 41g carbs from a cup of potato than the 81g from sweet potatoes. It just helps me sleep better at night :P *
                Calm the f**k down.

Comment

CRONICALLy elevated insulin causes inflammation and insulin resistance/fatty liver/cholesterol problems and THAT causes fat storage... not just insulin=fat....if that was true i'd be gaining weight because my blood sugar spikes when i eat. the point is it doesnt stay up, it comes back to its baseline.
                  Get on my Level
                  http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X