Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustard without vinegar?

is there such a mustard?

i've building up courage to try some sardines, but i am one of those paleos that doesn't eat vinegar.

i went to wf today and no luck. is it worth going to TJ or is it a wild goose chase?
    MDA PRIMAL LIBERTARIAN GROUP

There is ground mustard powder. That will likely be the only way.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

^ That's what I thought of too when I read the subject line. You could either use the powder, or grind up some mustard seeds, and mix with oil to get a consistency you like. I can't imagine there would be one without vinegar in any store, but maybe I'm wrong.
      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I avoid mustard for the same reason. Vinegar just doesnt sit well with me. I've never seen any in the stores without it though. Oh well. Sardines rock either way;-)
        Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Yes, it's a wild goose chase. I think the idea of making your own using mustard powder or Chinese mustard powder (very hot!) using just some water would be your best bet. You could also just coarsely grind some mustard seeds and sprinkle them on.

Comment

nourishing traditions has a vinegar free lacto fermented mustard recipe
            Adding minerals wherever I can.

Comment

Originally posted by farmerjess View Post
              nourishing traditions has a vinegar free lacto fermented mustard recipe

i think everyone should own this book. i ignore the grain and legume chapters though.
              Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Working...
              X