There are "those people" out there!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are "those people" out there!

Remember in the documentary "Fat Head" where he talks about "those people", people so stupid they don't realize that something is bad for them, ie. fast food? He said that "those people" don't exist. That everyone knows that fast food is bad for them, but they eat it anyway. (condensed version to be sure )

As it turns out, he was wrong. Some people are that stupid. On another forum I read regularly, a woman posted about how she has super high blood pressure, high cholestrol, is trying to lose weight and was just recently put on beta blockers vs the blood pressure meds they kept increasing.

She drinks 4-5 root beer a day. Seriously?!! I mean...SRSLY!! Come ON! She refuses to try anything else because she gets nauseated with water. She won't drink tea because it has caffeine in it.

/facepalm.
    Calm the f**k down.

She claims the rootbeer is good for her?

Comment

My mother was telling me to drink sugary seltzer water with quinine in it because "it's good for the stomach".
      ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
      ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

Originally posted by avocado View Post
        She claims the rootbeer is good for her?
        +1...Just because she does it doesn't mean she doesn't know.
        The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Kinda OT, but has anybody seen the movie Idiocracy? I get reminded of this movie from REAL LIFE way more often than I should...just saying, if you've seen it you'll know what I'm talking about. There are plenty of "those people" out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Katie82 View Post
            Kinda OT, but has anybody seen the movie Idiocracy? I get reminded of this movie from REAL LIFE way more often than I should...just saying, if you've seen it you'll know what I'm talking about. There are plenty of "those people" out there!
            While the premise of the movie is solid, the movie not so much. I reference this movie frequently, and wish I could recommend it without explaining how poorly it was done.
            Primal Cyclist - No Brakes, No Gears, No Handlebars, One Wheel, No Problem

Comment

You're right. Maybe she does know, but she refuses to give it up. She won't drink anything with artificial sweeteners or caffeine. She feels its better to drink 4-5 cans of root beer than nothing at all.
              Calm the f**k down.

Comment

They aren't all 'out there'. Some of them are right here.
                If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

While I`ll agree that people know a greasy burger and super sized fries aren`t good for them, that`s kinda where it ends for most people. Mac & cheese for dinner? HEALTHY if you add peas and corn. Really pat yourself on the back if it`s ORGANIC mac & cheese. The things we consider junk food are staples for the majority of north america.
                  The more I see the less I know for sure.
                  -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by BugMan View Post
                    While the premise of the movie is solid, the movie not so much. I reference this movie frequently, and wish I could recommend it without explaining how poorly it was done.
                    Amen. I love the idea of the movie... I hated watching it. It's depressing that they claimed the idea and made such a piece of junk with it, whereas they could have left it for someone else to do better.
                    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Try to top this one: I live by a little technical college, and while sitting at a light two nurses-in-training walked in front of me to cross the street. One of them was pregnant. AND SMOKING A CIGARETTE. There is no doubt she was preg--it was obviously 3rd trimester at least.

nurse in training. pregnant. smoking. FAIL.

Comment

Originally posted by BugMan View Post
                        Oh, I agree. The movie is stupid (and I don't think the producers were trying for anything but a stupid comedy). My point was that I shouldn't get reminded of this movie, like ever....yet I do.

Comment

Originally posted by lmyers04 View Post

nurse in training. pregnant. smoking. FAIL.
                          Lol. I wonder which bad decision came first. My guess Smoking-->Baby-->then Nurse :P Not that I have anything against Nurses, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to deal with sick people all day. So depressing!

*edit*
                          By the way this reminds me of a stupid comment my step mom made today. I told her I cut out dairy because of digestion problems, and she tells me I can't eat anymore fatty mayonnaise because it has eggs in it and eggs are dairy. I bit my lip. :P
                          Last edited by Freedish; 07-12-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Ugh, I used to tease my very pregnant sister when she'd walk around smoking that she was strangling her child from the inside. Then I got to see the shrivelled grey placenta... not funny.
                            The more I see the less I know for sure.
                            -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by Katie82 View Post
                              Idiocracy was a documentary.

Comment

Working...
                              X