Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chinese buffet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chinese buffet?

    Is there anything I can eat there? Don't want to be no fun and not go to lunch with the group!

  • #2
    i would order hot tea and socialize anyway, then eat something healthy afterwards. I love my friends too but these asian buffet type restuarants are just not worth it to me. EVERYTHING is swimming in vegetable oils, the meat is low quality, and honestly, it tastes like crap usually. If I sound uncompromising its just that I think everyone is better off removing this type of food entirely from their diet, there is really no need to eat it. If your friends give you a hard time about your commitment to better health, then shame on them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Even if you feel like shit not eating anything while your there, you will feel great afterwards. Trust me
      "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

      "A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

      Comment


      • #4
        Most places have fresh fruit and a salad bar. Some have steamed shrimp.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

        Comment


        • #5
          I've done our local buffet twice since starting PB. No more. Well, they do have a standard salad bar as an option, but I'm staying far away from the sauces.

          Comment


          • #6
            I made the mistake of doing one of these buffet places shortly after starting PB, and the next morning I felt like I had a hangover and there was a herd of elephants tap dancing on my brain pan. Order tea and visit--eat after! It just isn't worth it.
            Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            Re-Start date 6/23/2011
            me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
            273.4/269.3/115
            Hubby--230/227.8/165

            Comment


            • #7
              Just stick to the meat and veggie dishes, and try to shake most of the sauce back into the pan. Stay away from the noodle and rice dishes. Jeez, folks, the primal diet is supposed to serve YOU; you're not supposed to be a slave to IT! You don't need to be a hermit. Be extra good tomorrow.

              Comment


              • #8
                I personally would eat the unbreaded meat dishes without excess sauces, and by eat i mean to devour every single piece of flesh i can find. But thats just me.
                "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

                "A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

                Comment


                • #9
                  make sure you ask if they use msg. personally i'd stick to the salad or just skip it altogether.
                  Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
                    Just stick to the meat and veggie dishes, and try to shake most of the sauce back into the pan. Stay away from the noodle and rice dishes. Jeez, folks, the primal diet is supposed to serve YOU; you're not supposed to be a slave to IT! You don't need to be a hermit. Be extra good tomorrow.
                    Right on Dragonmamma. I agree. I personally would have a serving of rice, as I do a couple times a week. Having read PB and MDA thoroughly, there is nothing that justifies completely giving up the joy of rice, especially shared with friends. I would eat with a big smile on my face and feel no need to be "extra good" the next day because I would not have been "bad."

                    Claiming that food eaten by billions of people is crap offends me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you're lucky it might be one of those places that has Alaskan king crab legs. You could load up on those with butter. But, then again, you run the risk of looking like that jack*** who pays $11.99 for a Chinese buffet just to load up on the crab legs...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        Right on Dragonmamma. I agree. I personally would have a serving of rice, as I do a couple times a week. Having read PB and MDA thoroughly, there is nothing that justifies completely giving up the joy of rice, especially shared with friends. I would eat with a big smile on my face and feel no need to be "extra good" the next day because I would not have been "bad."

                        Claiming that food eaten by billions of people is crap offends me.
                        Ha ha really? MacDonald's is eaten by billions of people and I'm pretty sure is crap too. If you thought I was talking about all Asian food in general, I wasn't. The majority of people on the continent of Asia are not scarfing neon colored sweet n' sour chicken or shoveling large amounts of low quality beef lo mein onto their plates. The Asian themed buffets are a purely American invention, catering to our cravings for heavily sauced and salted cheap meat with mountains of fried rice. Its not Asian food, any more than melted queso and chips are traditional Latin foods.

                        The pb way of life has liberated me from feeling the need to eat at a Chinese buffet just because others are. Slave to the PB? Maybe. But at least
                        I am not a slave to the food choices presented to me by the American restaurant industry, and for that I am truly grateful.
                        Last edited by lmyers04; 07-12-2010, 10:23 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by lmyers04 View Post
                          Ha ha really? MacDonald's is eaten by billions of people and I'm pretty sure is crap too. If you thought I was talking about all Asian food in general, I wasn't. The majority of people on the continent of Asia are not scarfing neon colored sweet n' sour chicken or shoveling large amounts of low quality beef lo mein onto their plates. The Asian themed buffets are a purely American invention, catering to our cravings for heavily sauced and salted cheap meat with mountains of fried rice. Its not Asian food, any more than melted queso and chips are traditional Latin foods.

                          The pb way of life has liberated me from feeling the need to eat at a Chinese buffet just because others are. Slave to the PB? Maybe. But at least
                          I am not a slave to the food choices presented to me by the American restaurant industry, and for that I am truly grateful.
                          Sorry Harry, I have to agree with this. American Chinese isn't even close to what Chinese people eat. Now if I get out to the Inland Empire in LA, I will eat Chinese voraciously with a little rice, but the standard items at standard buffets gave me the worst two day belly ache I a can remember. Funny thing is I took my kid there every couple weeks for a year. Eliminating foods for PB made me intolerant of the oils and sauces, possibly the high amount of sugar dumped on the meats and veggies. I was pretty pleased after the first time, avoiding rice, battered and fried, sticking to meat and veggies. I did the same the second time and it kicked my ass. Bad. My body is rejecting those foods for some reason.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The Asian themed buffets are a purely American invention, catering to our cravings for heavily sauced and salted cheap meat with mountains of fried rice.
                            Or, as Dr. Kessler says, the Holy Grail of the Standard American Diet: sugar, fat and salt.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Have you ever notice that Chinese who runs "Chinese buffets" or local food businesses never eat the food they serve to Americans? I have a couple in my area, and at times I was present when the workers will sit down and eat, and gets what? They WAS NOT eating boneless spare ribs with loaded barbecue sauce, beef fried rice, a egg roll with a BIG ASS SODA! They were eating lean clean protein, like fish or chicken, with a bowl of white rice or soup and a bottle of water............just my 2 cents

                              If you live in NYC and want to experience REAL CHINESE Food, head to China Town. Many of the dishes Chinese Buffets serve to Americans ARE NOT part of the Chinese Cuisine, but they serve anyway because Americans love them......

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X