eggs every day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eggs every day?

I've realized that on days I eat eggs for breakfast I have no trouble sticking to primal foods, and days I eat yogurt or protein shakes (or skip breakfast for an IF), I don't do nearly so well at resisting the things I shouldn't eat. Problem is I have a tendency to develop allergies and intolerances and I REALLY don't want to become intolerant of eggs. so I'm wondering, what else could eat that would put me on a good track for the day?

Bacon
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

The whites are generally the only part that you'd develop a sensitivity. Mark did a post about it a while back and essentially the albumen (white) of the egg is the protective layer for the yolk and harbors all the bad stuff. If you're worried, eat mostly the yolks.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

I ate 12 eggs a day everyday for like 3-4 months with no problem except boredom.
        ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
        ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

I generally eat eggs daily, 3 or more. No egg issues here.

Comment

Get some good quality ground sausage. Make a burger sized pattie. Fry it up and melt some cheese on top of it (if you want since you do dairy). Put it between two coconut flour pancakes and have a primal pigs in a blanket breakfast sandwich for breakfast.

Comment

anything you like. who ever said breakfast had to be a specific sort of meal? in peru for example, they seem to eat the same type of food for all 3 meals - only the quantity really changes. Try some recipe out of the cookbook or something that you haven't tried yet and make that an 'official' breakfast food. Also, if you don't need a big breakfast then a fruit smoothie with added coconut oil (i also put flax oil in mine) - the oil is to get some fats from it - and some trail mix is very tasty. Bacon and eggs however, is one of the really big pluses to being primal. Love it.

Comment

I just eat whatever meat I have on hand.....for me, there aren't specific 'breakfast foods'.

Today it was brisket

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

i have to agree with rphlslv and diana. i eat at least 3 eggs daily and have never had any trouble. i've been doing this for many years also.
                  Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

yeah but if the OP has a tendency to develop allergies, variety is probably a good idea. Why tempt fate? An egg allergy would suck bigtime!

Interesting point about the albumin. I'm gonna try using just the yolk as a binder for pancakes.
                    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

My breakfast is a hardboiled egg and a cup of coffee, every day. I've been doing this for a year and haven't had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgrrl View Post
                        yeah but if the OP has a tendency to develop allergies, variety is probably a good idea. Why tempt fate? An egg allergy would suck bigtime
                        agreed. maybe moonblaze should take a look at the immune system. something just isn't working the way it should if this keeps happening.
                        Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

I eat 2-3 eggs a day, always 2 in the morning. No problems here for me. I could eat more but I just don't want to get sick of it because they taste sooo good!!

Comment

Um. Guys. I realize you're just putting in a bit of a 'it's fine, don't worry', but saying "I eat eggs every day and I'm fine" is a tiny bit like someone saying to me "I eat bread everyday and I'm fine". If I eat bread every day, I get chronic gut pain. I'm not fine. I used to be fine, but now I'm not. I've developed an allergy, and I've never, to my knowledge, had a food allergy before. Now I have a bunch. So commenting that you eat eggs on a daily basis is reasonably pointless.

The OP is trying to avoid developing an egg allergy, which I feel is wise, as egg is relatively common allergen but also a good food. The OP has a tendency to allergies. So I'd suggest two things - one, find out how much of a food, and how often, you could safely consume and still minimize risk of allergies, and two, do your research on egg allergens and see if that relates to your existing allergies.

I'm glad this was brought up, actually, because I think I'm going to look at this too, as there are some related allergenic foods that I'm still not having reactions to, and I'd like to keep it that way!
                            If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

I have read extensively about food allergens. It is recommended to rotate your foods once every five days to avoid an intolerance to this food.
                              That being said - I'm eating eggs just about everyday, too......lol

Comment

Working...
                              X