Opinions on zioh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on zioh

are these people actually thriving? i went to the site last night and read the FAQ's. they're 100% carnivores. this has always tempted me, but can one actually maintain health and well-being by living this way?
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

BS DO NOT DO IT! DDDOOOOO NOT DO ITTTTTTT I REPEAT DOOOO NOTTTTT DOOOO IT..... i did it for a year, worst decision i ever made, i laught at myself looking back at how retarded and how much i 'bought' what was written
    Get on my Level
    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Link?

Comment

Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
        Link?
        To ZioH ---> http://forum.zeroinginonhealth.com/ ('clean' carnivorous diet)

Some of the disaffected went here --->http://forum.dirtycarnivore.com/index.php
        Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... I'm calling horsesh**.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

The ZIOH forums seems creepy and cultish. No room for dissent or discussion. The Dirty Carnivore site and forums also give me the creeps but at least there's some open discussion.
            Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

Comment

Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
              BS DO NOT DO IT! DDDOOOOO NOT DO ITTTTTTT I REPEAT DOOOO NOTTTTT DOOOO IT..... i did it for a year, worst decision i ever made, i laught at myself looking back at how retarded and how much i 'bought' what was written
              what was your experience?
              Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Originally posted by shannon View Post
                what was your experience?
                the realization calories are what matter
                Get on my Level
                http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

i tend to think that a zero calorie diet is not necessary, and that great health could be achieved by incorporating veggies into your diet.

Aside from that, let's face it, food will be so boring without some peppers and mushrooms in your omelet. Or how about roasted eggplant? Fresh spinach with some salmon anyone?

You only live once, and although that is no excuse to eat crap like grains, people need to realize that veggies add essential color, flavor, and nutrition into your meal that will help you enjoy that life longer.
                  --
                  Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

yes cerebelumsdayoff...i sure would miss the color and tastes that veggies offer. there are just days when i feel like eating nothing but meaty goodness. i'm sure that would get old pretty quickly though. i just read your journal. are you still enjoying just one meal a day? i would appreciate any tips you have. sometimes i think i'm eating bec. there's just not anything else to do

Comment

yes cerebelumsdayoff...i sure would miss the color and tastes that veggies offer. there are just days when i feel like eating nothing but meaty goodness. i'm sure that would get old pretty quickly though. i just read your journal. are you still enjoying just one meal a day? i would appreciate any tips you have. sometimes i think i'm eating bec. there's just not anything else to do
                      I totally hear you on being a carnivore once in a while shannon. I have those days where i just want meat-stuffed, meat-wrapped meat for dinner whereas other days i just want to eat my spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and eggplants! The best thing to do is listen to your body and see what it tells you.

As for the one meal a day, it was done for a while but i just recently switched things up a bit. Eating onxe a day became somewhat of a hassle for me especially when i would go out with friends. It was getting to the point that i would actually not go anywjere simply so i could devote 3 hours to cook eat and do the dishes. I still fast every day, but i do a leangains style fast where i eat during a 6-8 hour window every day rather than the 3-4 hour window of warrior diet. It makes life easier. Also, i always kind of distrusted some of the arguments made by the wd people. Martin from leangains did a gopd job criticizing wd, and some marketing practices they had were just ridiculous.
                      --
                      Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

yes cerebelumsdayoff...i sure would miss the color and tastes that veggies offer. there are just days when i feel like eating nothing but meaty goodness. i'm sure that would get old pretty quickly though.
                        I found that eating a carnivore diet didn't get old and to this day I don't miss veggies or fruit on a daily basis. When ZioH was new, the advise was to 'eat meat, drink water for 6 months, then you can participate in the forum'.

I never made it that far. When my kids come home we drink a lot of wine and eat some good (mostly primal) food. Life is too short to be too restrictive. I still eat an animal-based diet but never hesitate to add local or foraged vegetables and berries.
                        **Then there is that 'restaurant exception' clause in the diet too, right? They didn't take that away, did they? (-:
                        Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

TCOHTom: i see that you're from Ohio. nice to meet ya. you might be the first fellow Ohioan i've met so far.

Comment

In discussion... not looking to be combative but a lot of what is written here is simply wrong. One can absolutely live in optimal health on a 100% carnivore, ZC, diet and have far beyond any other way of eating. This is proven fact; backed by scientific research, archaeology, biochemistry...

I'm into a civilized discussion on the topic but judgment of others without proper research is just plain silly.
                            Last edited by Greg; 07-11-2010, 08:02 PM.
                            ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

Comment

hi greg. so you're 100%? tell me more.

Comment

Working...
                              X